Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days of Tracking Spending--Day 8

A break the budget day.
I forgot to mention yesterday that we re-paid the money to the electric company that the bank had returned.

When Steve got off work he went on the Wal Mart and picked up the cell phone for Jasmine's birthday.  He didn't get the most expensive phone so spent around $25 less than we had anticipated.  He also paid for and activated the monthly card.  We are using Straight Talk.  And, he paid for the extra coverage to replace the phone as well.  Add in a birthday gift bag to put it in as well.  This is far more than we have ever spent on a birthday gift!

He put gas in the truck too.  I assume filled the tank.  Funny how I never get to fill the gas tank in my car.  I put in $10 at a time and most of the time my mom pays for that for me running her around.

He bought us all soda.  Enough to last for a few day...then himself a smaller soda for right away and a pack of cigarettes.   Gggrrrr to smoking.  It's a bad habit, it's bad for our health, and it's bad for the pocketbook.  I also smoke but have rolled my own for over 10 years now.  My nasty habit costs $25 a month--his cost over that each week.  How about a prayer that we both are able to quit.


Check out the linky with over 700 others who are also doing the 31 Days Challenge HERE 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you both are able to quit smoking. I was a smoker, but quit in '01.
    How do you like using Straight Talk?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...