Friday, May 25, 2012
Good Friday to all. We are finally getting just a bit of rain this morning. We sure need it!
No hanging clothes on the line today, but that's ok. I will just get hubby's uniforms washed and dried and call it good for the day. The other day it was super windy outside. I debated on hanging the laundry out. There I was getting blasted by wet laundry as I tried to hang it up. It was quite a sight. LOL A couple of things did get blown off the line, but what I found out is that they clothes dried on the line like in the dryer. They were soft instead of stiff like they usually come end up. If you have any hints on making line dried laundry not come dry stiff, please let me know.
There may just be something with vinegar as I start to share the many uses of vinegar this week. Vinegar will be a 3 week share as it is so versatile! These are from the book 99-Cent Solutions: Easy Ways to Save Thousands of Dollars
1. Perk up a rug or carpet. Bring your carpet back to life from the foot traffic, dust, and dirt that is wearing down the carpet's fibers, dulling the pattern and color. Use a solution of 1 gallon warm water and 1 cup of white vinegar. Dip a clean broom in to the mixture and brush it into the rug. Let it dry. The fibers will stand up and the color will be revived. (I must try this)
2. Brighten wood paneling. Wipe down wood paneling with 2 cups of warm water, 1/4 cup white vinegar and a glug of olive or vegetable oil. Wipe down the whole area and then rub with a dry cloth. This will easily remove grease and grime from the wood paneling.
3. Get rid of bird poo. Pour vinegar onto a rag to wipe the bird mess from your windshield. On your patio or deck, just pour a little vinegar straight on to the spots and watch them dissolve like magic.
4. Make an all purpose wash that is simple, cheap and green. Mix 2 parts water and 1 part white vinegar in a spray bottle. You can use this to clean anything including grease spots, spills, and bathroom surfaces.
5. Say so long to stickers. If you can't get that price sticker off, or if you are like me and have grandchildren who have stuck stickers to your kitchen floor, just soak the paper with plain vinegar and scrape the stickers off with a credit card or a plastic spoon. Use a dry cloth or paper towel to wipe away the remaining glue. (another must try for me)
6. As clear as glass. No need to buy that special cleaner for your eye glasses, just spritz them with white vinegar and polish with a soft cloth. This works just as well as that tiny overpriced bottle of eye glass cleaner. (along with #5 above--when I worked as a housekeeper at a motel, we used the vinegar mix to clean the mirrors--saved the motel a lot of money over buying glass cleaner)
7. Say goodbye to odor. Wet a cloth in vinegar and wave it around the room that you are trying to air. This gets rid of smoke or cooking odors quickly.
8. Make salt surrender. In the winter when you salt your sidewalks, you can really do a number on your leather shoes or boots. Wipe your footwear as soon as you get inside with a cloth dipped in white vinegar. You will get rid of the rings, but you will also prevent damage to your shoes.
I will have more to share about vinegar next week!
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Good Thursday to all. A huge thank you to all who participated last week by adding lenses to the weekly linky. I'm glad to see more joining in, and I enjoy clicking over and checking them all out.
Last night I was brought to tears-----don't worry, they were tears of joy.
Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know that I have been wanting to apply for Giant Squid 50 for some time. I've hesitated as I kept working on updating and building a few more lenses.
I wasn't sure if I was ready to apply yet---had I done enough updating to say that I had 50 terrific lenses? I went ahead and "bit the bullet", and applied. I didn't have confidence in myself though as I figured I would be turned down and would have to wait another month to reapply.
OMG! Can you believe it? Not only did they approve me for Giant 50, they also made me Giant 100!! I seen the points for each in my activity section. Immediately I went to my email to look for the notices. I am so very very pleased and happy to have made it. I'm excited that I will finally be getting one of those coveted Squidoo T-shirts too!
I will continue with my updating as well as getting new lenses built here and there. I'm learning a lot with the help of a lot of other webmasters out there. I love the facebook groups as most everyone is really supportive and willing to help. Thanks to all of you.
I had one purple star lens from way back when I was Giant Squid 100 before (before they took that all away and you had to reapply in stages) and that was Blankets for Christmas. This time around they chose my Helen Steiner Rice lens to give the purple star to. I am sharing both of those in the linky this week.
Have an awesome week everyone, and post away!
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Dads love receiving gift cards, but they can often seem impersonal. GiftCardLab.com allows you to completely customize a Visa gift card for Dad with his favorite family photograph or a special love note. Practical and personal, plus Dad can spend it wherever Visa cards are accepted.
If you choose not to personalize the gift card, there are 35 great choices of pictures for the card. Here are just a few of them:
If Dad loves a certain store, there are lots of retail store cards also available, including:
and 66 others!
You are sure to find one Dad will love.
You also have the option of sending your gift card via an e-gift card. Many to choose from here as well including:
and 66 others!!
e-Gift Cards are the perfect last minute gift idea as well as a more efficient and greener way of sending gift certificates from popular retail brands. Sending an e-Gift is easy, fast and free. Select and purchase the e-Gift; an email will be sent immediately to the recipient providing access to the gift value at the chosen retailer.
Gift Card Packaging
I finished the Quilts for Kids quilt. I finished my Emerald Aisle table runner. Both of these will be posted Friday in the TGIFF post, barring that I don't let Friday slip by me once again!
I was able to purchase a smaller cubby storage unit. I have it full now. One of the fabric drawers holds WIP's. The other spaces are filled with materials. I would need about 4 more of these units at least to hold all of my materials, but I am saving to buy larger units. Here is a link to the unit I bought if you are interested in checking it out: Furinno 99940 3-Tier and 3 Column Multipurpose Storage Rack Shelves Cabinet Bookcase Bookshelves with 3 Bin-Type Drawers
I need to be crocheting a sack boy for a birthday gift. I've done nothing more than print out the pattern. I am working on an order for washcloths. I worked a lot on making squares for the granny a day challenge. I did some sewing on my flower string quilt, but not enough to warrant a photo as I just sewed what was pinned in last week's photo. I swear, that quilt is never going to be done!
In other news, I am now the Historian for the quilt guild. It's going to be a lot of fun!
Here is a picture of a wall hanging I am working on for my kitchen. (Sunflowers and dragonflies.) I forgot to cut for the binding, but it will be with the dragonfly material. I have also cut the material to make myself a matching plastic bag holder. It's not often that I work on something for myself over something that I am making to try to sell.
I am linking up with the following blogs:
Sunday, May 20, 2012
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of éclos Skin Care. All opinions are 100% mine.
What is éclos Skin Care?
éclos features Apple Stem Cells extracted from a rare Swiss apple which have shown tremendous ability to stimulate skin stem cells, encouraging aging skin to behave like younger skin. Plant extracts, vitamins and anti-oxidants combine with the Apple Stem Cell technology to help minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and tired skin.
Similar products were once only available from specialty brands at department stores with a high price tag to match. éclos is the first brand to bring this active ingredient to mainstream stores at a fraction of the cost- making beautiful and younger skin available to women everywhere.
****I received a éclos Anti-Aging Skin Care Starter Kit so that I could try the products on my skin and see the results. See my full review after this information about the products:
Inside the starter kit you will find:
• Facial Cleanser Skin Prep -- First mass facial cleanser containing high-potency apple stem cells extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural cleanser with high-end spa feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Purifying lather removes makeup and daily debris, helping to refresh skin and purify pores. Preps skin for subsequent treatments by balancing the skin’s pH level with PhytoPlex24™, a proprietary mix of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant botanicals.
• Cellular Activator Face Serum-- First mass facial serum containing high-potency apple stem cells extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural serum with high-end spa
feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Lightweight serum nourishes skin cells, enhancing their ability to function like younger cells. Promotes collagen production and stimulates the growth of connective tissue, giving skin a more youthful look. Helps visibly reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and protects against environmental damage.
• Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream -- First mass moisturizing cream containing high-potency apple stem cells extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural moisturizing
cream with high-end spa feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Revitalizes skin stem cells, helping to tighten sagging skin and postpone wrinkles. Helps skin to repair itself, slowing the signs of aging. Protects against aging free radicals, preventing further signs of aging.
• Restorative Eye Cream -- First mass eye cream containing high-potency apple stem cells extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural eye cream with high-end spa feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Increases moisture content to delicate eye area.
• Instant Radiance Facial Scrub -- First mass facial scrub containing high-potency apple stem cells
extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural facial scrub with high-end spa feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Exfoliates dry, dull dead skin cells and enhances cell turnover. Restores radiance. Evens out skin tone and texture. Prepares skin to better absorb
• Skin Renewal Clay Mask-- First mass facial mask containing high-potency apple stem cells extracted from the rare Swiss apple, Uttwiler Spätlauber. Natural clay mask with high-end spa feel, and results, at mass-market prices. Cleanses skin, absorbs impurities, and helps unclog pores. Helps restore smooth, youthful texture to skin. Tightens pores, minimizing their appearance.
• éclos Terry Cloth Head Band
Clinically proven results. 100% of the women saw a reduction in wrinkle appearance within 2 weeks. Skin's collagen matrix and elastin fibroblasts can look up to 15 years younger.
Where can you buy éclos Skin Care? Nationwide at food, drug and mass stores, including Target,
Ulta, Duane Reade, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Fred Meyer.
My thoughts and use of the products:
The facial cleanser skin prep is the first product you will use. Instructions say to use a quarter size amount in your hand and massage on to damp skin in circular motion. I found that a dime size amount is all that I needed. It lathers up very well.
Next up is the instant radiance facial scrub. This is to be used every other day. I love love love using this product! I can feel my skin being fresher right away. Again, it takes just a small amount for a good scrubbing.
Next up is the cellular activator face serum. This is used after cleansing and under the moisture therapy regenerative cream. A small amount goes a long way. You can feel it working right away.
Then use the regenerative cream over the serum. The cream also takes very little to go a long way.
Once you are done with everything else you use thew restorative eye cream under each eye. A small amount dabbed under the eyes is all it takes.
There is also the skin renewal clay mask. The mask is used twice weekly. I used it on days that weren't scrub days. Again, very little is needed. It dries and tightens up quickly. It's another product favorite for me.
I love that the kit includes the terry headband!
I will keep using my starter kit until all the products are gone, but I have every intention of at least purchasing the scrub and mask, and the entire set if possible.
Below you can see my before and after shots. Before taken May 5, 2012 and after taken May 18, 2012. I do not like photos of myself, but you can see a pretty good difference in the way my skin looks. My teenager (who took the photos for me) told me she could see the difference in my face after only 2 days.)
Enter using the rafflecopter form below. One lucky blog reader will win their own starter kit of éclos Skin Care. A few "rules". You must reside within the United States. Winner must contact me within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
Please note: Mandatory entry (in rafflecopter form) is to leave a comment on this blog post stating which product in the kit you are most excited to try.