Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday 10/26/11--I've Kept Busy

I managed to get in quite a bit of sewing over this past week!
I finished up a table runner.  I have material cut to make 2 fabric bags.  The rest is pictured below.  For the moment I am going through books before getting back to sewing.

I took a printed fabric that was meant to be made into a fabric book and turned it in to a quilt top instead.  My intention is to finish it before Nov. 7 for a grandson's birthday gift.


I cut strips and sewed them for a jelly roll type quilt top.  The material I had for the bottom piece didn't end up matching well so I need to find something different for the back.


Then I got out a bag of already cut squares that I brought home from church.  I laid them on the floor in a pattern of sorts to start another quilt top for sewing club.  Now that I look at the photo I wish I had done it differently but I've already started sewing some of the rows and I'm not about to take them out!  

That's it for me this week.  I am linking up with the following blogs:
 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I bet your grandson is going to have so much fun looking at the book pages on your quilt -- what a nice idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you Marsha! The quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed yet again! As a beginner sewer, I have to ask: how long does it take to sew one of these quilt tops? It looks like it would take days, but here you have three in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are beautiful! I'm sure your grandson will love it! A great way to recycle old bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects...enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! I like the vivid colours in the quilt for your grandson.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...