Monday, October 24, 2011

The Christian Zombie Killers Handbook Review

The Christian Zombie Killers Handbook  Slaying the Living Dead Within by Jeff Kinley.

ISBN 978-1-5955-5438-3  Published by Thomas Nelson


I've been reading this book out loud to my 15 year old daughter.  With the zombie craze going on right now, I can see many teenagers enjoying this book.

Jeff Kinley writes The Christian Zombie Killers Handbook in a way that will make teenagers of today want to read it.  He combines fictional stories about zombies with Christian truth based writing.  It's a unique combination.  You get an episode of the zombie story, followed by a chapter of Christianity.

The purpose of the book is to point out that life for us as zombies is sin and the raging beast within us.  It teaches of salvation and grace.

I feel that any teen, or even adult, would be interested in reading the fictional zombie episodes.  If that teen, or adult, is already a Christian, they will understand how the two combine.  If they are not already a Christian, this book will open their eyes. (and in my opinion, hopefully convert them to a Christian.)

Jeff Kinley is a pastor, speaker, and author of 15 books.  He lives with his wife and 3 sons.  He is a graduate of the University of Arkansas and Dallas Theological Seminary.  You can find out more at http://www.mainthingministries.com  or listen to him at http://www.vintagenxt.com.

My daughter and I have had a good time reading this book together.  Although, she doesn't want me to read the zombie episodes if she is eating.   This book is not recommended for younger audiences due to some scenes and descriptions in the book.

Disclaimer:  I received a copy of this book for the purpose of my review.  I was not compensated in any other way.  All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind and insightful review. Hope I didn't upset your daughter's stomach :P

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...