Friday, October 28, 2011

Frugal Friday Link Up--3 Uses for Chewing Gum and My Crafts

Good Friday morning to all!
I've been busy with my crafts this past week--which by the way are frugal.  It's rare that I buy new materials except for orders.  I buy at yard sales, thrift stores, or it's even given to me.  At the moment I am finishing up a quilt for one of my grandson's.  He will be 4 on Nov. 7.  I found some material in a tote that I had bough at a yard sale some time ago.  I had paid $1 for the material.  A lady at church gave me a  printed fabric that was intended to be made into one of those fabric books.  I decided to cut out the pages and make it a quilt instead.  I used one of the fabrics for in between the pages.  I used the other fabric for the backing.  The blanket that is in the middle I picked up in a bag on freecycle.  Even the roll of cotton thread that I am tieing it with was bought at a yard sale for .25.

I did some coupon shopping this past week but didn't get to posting about it. However, I spent just $18.39 out of pocket and saves $38.79 with coupons.


From the 99 Cent Solutions book this week I want to share 3 uses for chewing gum.

1.  Make a temporary repair.  You can fill a crack in the dog's dish--put it on the outside of the bowl so your pooch won't swallow it down with his food.  You can use a couple of wads as window putty if a pane of glass is loose.  You can even use a bit to hold together a broken pair of glasses until you can get them repaired.  (not out of the book, but we've used it to fish things out of the drain)

2.  Settle a sour stomach.  Spearmint gum is ideal for settling stomach rumbles and burbles, and the increased flow of saliva from gum chewing can help neutralize stomach acids.

3.  Capture a crab.  If you live near the docks and piers, all you need is a string, a net and a lure.  You can catch plenty of crabs using gum as your bait!  They are scavengers and will grab at it.  (This one sure is interesting  lol)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...