Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday 10/12/11

The majority of this past week was spent working on crocheting dish scrubbies for my orders.  I didn't take another photo but I still need to make 3 purple ones for one order and 5 black ones for the other order.

I tried to get out the toothbrush rug but only ended up putting in 5 strips before I got sidetracked on something else that needed to be done.  I didn't take another picture of it either since I got so little done.

Yesterday was sewing club at my church (we meet just once a month from 10-3).  Only 3 of us were able to make it so:
Anita ironed the material
 
Betty was cutting material in to strips
 And I sewed the squares
 We ended up with 13 squares completed, minus cutting them down to the right size.  I brought home strips, so hopefully next week I will have more to show you done.  We need 54 for the quilt top we want to make.

I also made a few crocheted washcloths this last week.  I'm working on an order but needed to make up a few to show the gal colors available.

So...first I'm going to finish up the dish scrubbie orders.  Then I'm going to finish up the washcloth order.  In between I may just do some sewing for church.   I'm in hopes of getting strips cut for my next jelly roll style quilt as well as see what I can do to get started on some Christmas presents.

Here is something else that I keep forgetting to report.  What is it you ask?  Well, we heard that you can take your material scraps, fill a pillowcase and make them in to pet beds to be donated to the animal shelter.  We started filling a pillow case at sewing club a few months ago.  The pillowcase in the picture is the one that I am filling at home.  It's a great way to make sure that nothing goes to waste.  It's filled with the bits and scraps that normally would have been thrown away.

I am linking up with the following blogs:
 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...