Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP Wednesday--Not Another New Project!

Oh my.....I started yet another new project.  This one is for sewing club at church.  The gal handed me the pattern sheet and told me it was the next one she wanted me to try after doing the other scrappy quilt.   I spent some of my sewing club time yesterday picking out fabrics to make it with.  I cut them to the size needed, but didn't quite have enough of the yellow.  The instructions have you cutting the material a lot differently than I am used to.  On some strips I was fine, but on the others I wasn't.  I went ahead and figured how many of each size block I needed and am going to cut them that way.  I stayed up past midnight last night cutting and this is the mess I came up with:

 Yes, that is my laptop down on the floor too.  I was also clicking on m programs and chatting with a friend through facebook about coupons.  I can see this project taking me about a year to complete.

Speaking of taking forever to complete---ugh!  I am still very tired of working on this quilt that I expected to have done months ago.  I worked on it a bit at sit n' sew at the quilt shop this past Friday evening.  I worked a bit more on it Monday here at home.  I am short one more block for the 7th row and still have to make all the blocks for the 8th row.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, depending on how I look at it), it will only be 8 rows.  I wanted it to be 8 x 11 rows.  I just didn't have the materials needs to the in between to make it that size.  I still have plenty of the strips when I am done and not sure what I am going to do with those.

I also worked on my wall hanging at sit n' sew.  I didn't estimate my back right and didn't take any extra fabric with me.  I did, however finish the plastic bag holder to match it.  I didn't take a photo of the bag holder, but with any luck I can finish up the wall hanging by Friday for the TGIFF blog hop.

I have a tone of UFO's or so it seems.  I have a toothbrush rug that only needs about 10 more strips put in.  It's been sitting here beside me for months.
I have a new project of crocheting soap savers and putting them up for sale in my etsy shop, including a bar of soap with each one.
I have dish scrubbies to make like crazy.
I have materials cut to make 2 set of folded hot pads.
I have a table runner pinned that needs to be quilted and sewn.
I have a start on another table runner.
I have a set of hot pads and coasters started too.
Then there is the granny a day challenge blanket that I am getting behind on once again too.
Should I also add in the crochet topped hand towels that I bought everything for but haven't even learned how to make them yet?  Or the coffee mugs I bought to put mixes in for gifts?

When will I ever have the will power to finish what I've started before starting on something else??  I would guess the answer to that is never.  I am constantly learning new things and get sidetracked from previous projects.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to this week.  I am linking up with the following blogs:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. There are so many great projects and so little time so you just _have_ to start many many new things. And after a while it feels nice to finish some old WIPs. Ask me how I know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh how many projects have you got going! I thought I was bad, but it's a good feeling when one is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smile because that looks exactly how I work. On the floor. My laptop next to me and everything else around me in a circle. My "work space" usually looks messier though!!

    Good luck with all your projects!!

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...