Thursday, June 14, 2012

Squidoo Hopping--Lowest and Highest Ranking Lenses



This week I want to talk about lowest ranking lens vs. highest ranking lens.

Which do you choose to update?

Since joining the squidoo facebook group where we share our lowest ranking lens each day, I have really only updated my lowest ranking lens each day for the past week.  This has pretty well worked out for me because all but 2 of them I hadn't gotten to yet for my little bit of updating.   I now have 16 of 122 lenses that haven't been updated and papers moved into my new notebook.  I'm getting there.

I'm anxious to get them all updated somewhat though and move on to continuing from there to do small updates all over the place.

One gal suggested that I concentrate on maybe the lowest ranking lens, but to make sure that I do a bit of an update to any lenses that are close to moving into a new tier.  This makes perfect sense!
We all are aware that just doing an update improves the rank, even if we don't share it in the networks.  Amazing!  I still have my huge list of ways to update my lenses.....which will keep me busy for years to come, even if I never build a new lens again.  again.....amazing!

If you would like, and are posting lenses in the linky, this week share your highest ranked and your lowest ranked lenses.  If you blog about squidoo, please share your blog link!   Also, if you choose to share in the linky, please make sure to come back later, even in a day or 2, and support those who have shared links.   Thanks!!
 


7 comments:

  1. What a great post Marsha! I am also surprised that even the smallest update can result in a lensrank change. Thanks for the opportunity to share out lenses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really worth the effort to update lower-ranking lenses, and those at the top, as well as a lens or two that are close to reaching another tier. I also find that updating lenses that are close to slipping into a lower tier is worthwhile,too.
    Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing I noticed when I started looking at people's lower ranked lenses was the astonishing quality and diversity. Some may never reach the dizzy heights through topic and nature but that doesn't take away from the quality of the work. It's good to see success and income from a lens designed for that purpose but it's also good to see non-commercial material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Paul. I tend to design more from the heart than from a commercial point of view. I need to learn how to blend the two!

      Delete
  4. I made a few lenses, then sort of left squidoo without doing much more to them or making any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting HOP and SQUIDOO, Marsha! I just posted my blog post...better late than not at all! I continued with your high/low theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I'm all over the place like a madwoman's breakfast when it comes to updating... I like to tweak and polish top lenses, but it is usually ones hovering in WIP that demand my attention... like this one - lol!

    Cute Wall Mural for Nursery Designs and Decorating Theme Ideas http://www.squidoo.com/mural-for-nursery/?-1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...