Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shut Up!

I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Shut up by Anne Tibbets.

Shut Up is a young adult fiction, but based on a real life situation.  Families that are torn apart by each other.


Here is an excerpt from pages 30 and 31:


"Do you even get that because you can't watch TV, that none of us can watch now?  Don't you get it?"  I was screaming.
    What the hell was the matter with me?  I was the one who wasn't sinking.  I was the one in control.  And now, I'd lost it over the TV?
I couldn't stop myself.
    "I'm sorry!" Mary pleaded.  "Let go!"
    "Not everything is about you, Mary!"  My grasp remained tight.
    "Paul!  Let Go!"  Mary's face was turning purple.
The words came out before I could stop them.  "You're so stupid!  If you'd just shut up....!"



I have a full review written on squidoo along with an author interview.  I do hope you will check it out:


Shut Up by Anne Tibbets

 

 


I am linking up with:
WOW WEEKLY 100 WORDS

1 comment:

  1. "Shut Up" is too funny, by title, I mean, definitely grabs attention. This excerpt had me cringing with the use of 'stupid' and 'shut up' ... words I do not care much for, as they are so negative. But in the context of the story I am sure they have their place.


    Thank you for sharing here as well as the link to your full review of the book, Marsha, and thanks for hopping along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...