Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday--I've Been Working Away

I sure do feel like I accomplished a lot this past week!
I completed 2 fabric bags that will soon be listed in my etsy store.


I spent 8 plus hours one day just cutting strips for 2 or 3 quilt tops.  I'm wondering if there is enough of the plain colored material for a complete top.


Then I had some thread left on my bobbin so I decided to go ahead and start sewing together the plain material strips. Little did I know I had enough left on the bobbin to sew together 14 of them!


This is how far I've gotten on my flannel toothbrush rug. I only worked on it one day. I don't have many strips left so not sure just what to do. I found a little more flannel to cut up this morning, and it's on my lap right now. I'm working on it while working on the computer. In fact, I know I have a pair of pj pants in my drawer that the elastic is out of. I'm going to go grab those and cut me some more strips. That just might be what I need to at least make the rug a fairly decent size.


Finally, yesterday was sewing club at church. One lady said she is going to teach me something new each month and wanted to start with a scrappy quilt. It wasn't what I expected it to be at all. We didn't do more than cut out 88 of the 2 1/2 inch squares for the pattern. I worked on the 54 squares I had made. I ironed and cut them down and started sewing them together. I got 5 rows of the 9 sewed together.


Until next week I am linking up with the following blogs....and off to see what others are working on right now.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...