Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday--I've Been Working Away

I sure do feel like I accomplished a lot this past week!
I completed 2 fabric bags that will soon be listed in my etsy store.


I spent 8 plus hours one day just cutting strips for 2 or 3 quilt tops.  I'm wondering if there is enough of the plain colored material for a complete top.


Then I had some thread left on my bobbin so I decided to go ahead and start sewing together the plain material strips. Little did I know I had enough left on the bobbin to sew together 14 of them!


This is how far I've gotten on my flannel toothbrush rug. I only worked on it one day. I don't have many strips left so not sure just what to do. I found a little more flannel to cut up this morning, and it's on my lap right now. I'm working on it while working on the computer. In fact, I know I have a pair of pj pants in my drawer that the elastic is out of. I'm going to go grab those and cut me some more strips. That just might be what I need to at least make the rug a fairly decent size.


Finally, yesterday was sewing club at church. One lady said she is going to teach me something new each month and wanted to start with a scrappy quilt. It wasn't what I expected it to be at all. We didn't do more than cut out 88 of the 2 1/2 inch squares for the pattern. I worked on the 54 squares I had made. I ironed and cut them down and started sewing them together. I got 5 rows of the 9 sewed together.


Until next week I am linking up with the following blogs....and off to see what others are working on right now.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

25 comments:

  1. Wow, what an accomplishment with all that cutting! Isn't it nice when your bobbin lasts way longer than you think it will?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lost art ... so nice, Marsha :) I still have the one my Grandmother made. It is so heavy and warm. hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing. I am following and look forward to our helping one another with improving our Alexa ranks. Let me know if you want to review for each other. Hugs & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the toothbrush rug!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've sat and looked at those toothbrush rugs many times and wondered about them. Are they easy to make? Do I need to know how to crochet or anything? How well do they do on the floor, they're not too slippery or anything are they? I'd love to have a couple of them, but I have 4 kids and a dog and I'd hate for them to not hold up under their stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That toothbrush is really cute! I like the colors! Let me know when you finish it!

    Carrie (cmjune76@yahoo.com) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Toothbrush. i made one a few years ago so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks like you got alot done, cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never heard of a toothbrush rug before, but yours is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That flannel rug looks neat.. and I like the colors of the solids quilt in the first picture! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sure is a whole lot of cutting, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so much fun stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lot of cutting, and the little rug looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoa that looks great, lots of work! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! that is alot of cutting. I really like how your scrap quilt is coming along. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that solid strips quilt and I`m loving everything scrappy at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen a toothbrush rug before - how do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rug, I've always wanted to make one like that too, yours is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilts look great - I've been thinking about a string quilt for forever - it's just the 'getting started' part that daunts me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very interested in knowing how you are making that rug! I am want to make one for my coming soon daughter's new room. I love that you are doing something scrappy, I have been trying to learn how to be scrappy since I save all my left-over bits!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just love your scrappy quilt and the toothbrush quilt is so fun. i always forget how pretty solids can be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...