Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WIP Wednesday 6/29/11

Happy WIP Wednesday!

I'm happy to report that I made my goal and finished the double thick crocheted hot pads that I was making.  I ended up with 4 sets of 2 in my etsy shop and 13 single hot pads to donate to my church.

I've been working on baby bibs and I have one set in my etsy shop and another set to put snaps on to get listed.

I work on my sewing in kind of a funny way.  I only have 4 bobbins, and rarely have many colors of thread on hand to choose from.  I work with what thread I have, often times working through one color on a bobbin then switching colors and projects.  I have all 4 bobbins filled with a different color.  Yeah, I know, doesn't make much sense, but hey, it works for me, and project do eventually get completed.

I kept up my promise to myself to work on the toothbrush I am making for myself.  I didn't get as much done on it as I would have liked, but I hope to I will  have the rest of the strips I have set out for it worked in before next Wednesday.  Bitty Kitty (Molly) decided she wanted in on my photo of it:
 

I watched a video on someone's squidoo lens on making fabric bags. I liked how she did her handles so I'm going to do it that way on my own bags from now on. Not much different than the way I was doing the handles, but less steps. I have 2 ready to complete and 2 more ready to cut and pin.


I have all of the middle strips zig zagged on to the strip quilt that I am making for church. Now I have to figure out the edging. It's square so I know I am doing a thin strip down both sides and larger strips on the top and the bottom. That is waiting now for me to get that blue thread back on to a bobbin. We will meet again for sewing club at church July 12.


That's it for me this week. I hope you will click the buttons below and join along with WIP Wednesday and/or check out what others are up to.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. You sound really busy. When I popped in earlier I didn't see your wip post, so here I am again. You're making a toothbrush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the string blocks! they an be addicting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...