Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday 9/5/12

I wish I could report that I have kept up with my goal of making it into my craft room each and every day.
I did make it in there 3 days out of the last 7.
I have an idea in my head on how to make some pillowcases with applique, but it's not gone past my head yet!  I bought the fabric only to find out that what I bought wasn't wide enough.  So, I only ended up being able to cut the size for 3 pillowcases instead of 4.  But now, as I get the instructions out that I printed I see that it does state 42-44 inch fabric.  It was 42 inches!  ggrrr  I've messed it all up.  Just that takes my motivation out of wanting to make them.
Not to mention that I don't know that much about applique.  I'm going to experiment with that on the leftover piece of fabric.
I guess all I have to say is wish me luck.  I don't know how I am so confused....pillowcases should be so simple to make!

If you have a link to a simple pillowcase pattern and tutorial, please give me the link.  Thanks!

We are coming up on a busy week as the state fair starts this Friday.

This past week I did manage to at least sew the half square triangles, cut them and iron them.  The ones that I had lines on last week, if you remember my photo.  This isn't all that I need for the quilt top but it's a good start.  Now if I can just get more of the squares put together.
This is my progress on the knitted prayer shawl for church:
And, you know me, I can't stay on just one project.  I have started crocheting  the prayer shawl as well.  I can't make any more granny squares until I finish the prayer shawls to see how much yarn I have left to use in the squares!
I am a bit further on this as I took it last night and crocheted while we had bingo family fun night at church.
I believe that is it for this week.  I'm working on getting some more items listed to my etsy shop and I sold my very first quilt!  I'm getting that ready for the post office now.

I am linking up with the following blogs:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha! You won the giveaway on my blog. I need you to email me with your full name and address so that I can ship it out to you. Congrats!

    Karen @sewmuch2luv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have multiple works in progress too ... because I'm terrible about starting something and never finishing it. I've been thinking I'd like to knit or crochet blankets for my sons' beds this fall. Hmmm, maybe...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how many projects you are working on at one time! Kudos for getting anything done at all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! I really aren't crafty.. But I'm learning to love cooking and baking:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...