Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shop Hop Saturday--New Quilt!

Shop Hop Saturday with abitosunshineI'm not sure if those who don't quilt know just how much work and time goes in to making a quilt.  Even the simple straight line quilts like I make.
There is first cutting the material--then piecing the material--then getting your middle and backing ready----then pinning it all together---then tying, or quilting it---then getting the binding done, no matter how you choose to do that.
I would love to figure out how to have more sewing time----that would mean giving up a lot of internet time.

I have finished this quilt below.
 
I have a little start on my next quilt.  I have a start on 2 table runners but a start is just where I am stopped.  I have no idea how to tie or quilt them.
I also finished another set of the double thick crocheted hotpads with matching coasters:
 
I have gotten a little more caught up on my reviews and blog posts.    However, I keep accepting more items for reviews and giveaways.
 
I think that's it for my report this week.  Thanks to Ruth for hosting----at least it keeps me hopping to keep posting about how things are going with my shops online.

3 comments:

  1. Your flower quilt is beautiful! I a lot of people don't appreciate how long it takes to make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are, it takes time and time is always in short supply. I could do better if I didn't have to go to work, it really gets in the way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt came out so pretty! I'd love one that is King sized for my bed,like 106" wide by 105" long! :) With florals... mainly roses shabby chic looking. Maybe someday I can come to Kansas and you could help me?! :)
    You do such pretty arts and craft projects!

    ---Carrie (cmjune76)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...