Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Voice New Testament Review

The Voice New Testament  Step Into the Story of Scripture.
ISBN 978-1-4185-5076-9
Published by  Thomas Nelson

The Voice New Testament features:
Hundreds of engaging notes throughout with a topical index for easy use.
Four different reading programs to help you step in to the story.
A bold new look with speaker identification and helpful resources through the test.
Hear God speaking to you in this fresh way of reading Scripture.

The Voice New Testament is the result of the extraordinary contributions of 27 Bible scholars, 51 writers, and 36 other contributors.  It recaptures the passion, grit, humor, and beauty that is often lost in the translation process.

My Review:
The first thing I did was take The Voice to Bible study with me at church and have the pastor look it over.  I wanted to ensure that I wasn't stepping in to something that wasn't true to God's word.  The pastor spent a lot of time looking through it.  He compared many verses to his Bible and they were indeed the same.
He kept saying "this is good" over and over.  This was good enough for me to know I could trust the words in The Voice.

What I really like about it is the speaker identification.  This tells me who is saying what.....the disciples, Paul, Jesus, etc etc.  Along the way I'm enjoying the extra notes throughout.  My current Bible is a study Bible and I have a hard time looking things up in it.

I thought I might give this Bible as a gift to my brother, or nephew.  I'm keeping this copy for myself and look forward to reading it from cover to cover.  I'm including a link below to purchase from amazon.  I highly recommend this Bible!!

 



Disclaimer: I received The Voice New Testament from booksneeze.com for the purpose of this review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...