Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday--Getting My Smokey On!

My goal is to finish this Dora quilt by Friday. I want to be able to list it in my TGIFF post as well as have it listed in my etsy store.
I have a long ways to go and a short time to get there, as it says in the Smokey and the Bandit song.

Pictured below is the quilt and my progress, along with the matching pillow. I have since sewn the top of the pillow (about midnight last night) so it's done. The second photo I am trying to show you a close-up of my hand quilting.

I admit it's been neat doing it, but also admit my frustrations. I'm sure glad it doesn't have to be perfect, and I thank the many people who have pointed out to me not to worry about imperfections in quilting. I do hope this Dora quilt and pillow will make some little girl happy.

My biggest problem is what to do with the knots. Since it's backed with a pre-made quilted fabric, I've not been able to "hide" the knots. The only ones that are sort of hidden are where I got to start on the edge.





I was sewing some other things and I have this habit. My habit is to keep sewing until the bobbin in the machine is empty. I don't worry about the color of the thread when sewing quilt squares together. In the picture below you will see my pile of squares, along with the strips I have left, of the flowered material. I'm still anxious to see just how many squares I get, in hopes of enough for 2 quilt tops.

My sewing is put on hold for the moment. I will be moving this table out of the living room to put up the Christmas tree. As of right now the grandkids have moved back out. I'm in the process of cleaning up the middle bedroom and making it back in to my craft room. I thought I could just go throw their stuff in boxes and be done, but it's not working out that way. I should have included a picture of my messy progress. I never told you gals about the wonderful crafting desk I was able to buy at a yard sale for just $5!! I will try to share a picture next week, along with me ready to get back to sewing.









Please join us starting Monday for the Christmas Celebration with the Online Craft Mall.  I am presenting both Monday and Friday!!   If you are interesting in having your own presentation hour, today (Nov. 23) is the last day to sign up....only $5 for the one hour slot!   Join us and see what's happening, and how it works.  You may then want to sign up for the next online parties.
Christmas Holiday Celebration

I will stop rambling on now so that I can go check out what everyone else is up to this week. I am linking up with the following blogs:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Smokey & the Bandit is one of my favorites! Very cute Dora quilt. I have no suggestions about the knots, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...