Monday, November 28, 2011

Kroger The truly Awesome homestyle chocolate chip cookies Review

(I originally shared this in a post on gather here.) 



My latest bzz campaign with bzzagent.com is for the Kroger The truly Awesome homestyle chocolate chip cookies.
Cookies.....yum!  I was very excited to be able to get in on this campaign.  I've been wanting to try these cookies, and having sweets in the house, as of late, has been slim.
I was xcited to open the box when the mailman came to the door with it.  Inside I found 2 boxes of the Kroger The truly Awesome homestyle chocolate chip cookies.
It didn't take Jasmine and I long to devour one box by ourselves.


http://media-files.gather.com/images/d872/d191/d747/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
There are 8 large cookies per box.  Oops, only 7 in the photo above.  One was broken in half and I scarfed it down before taking the photo.

The other box we shared with 3 of the grandkids.  They sure got excited when I got out the cups, the milk and the cookies for a bedtime snack the other night.  hhmmm    5 people and 8 cookies.  We each got 1 1/2 cookies with 1/2 a cookie left over that everyone was fighting over.  (Grandma, that's me, won and ate it  he he)
1-2-3 dunk!
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d873/d191/d747/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Final thoughts:  I think these cookies taste truly awesome as the name says.  They are a hard cookie, over the soft that I prefer.   I found them to have plety of chocolate chips in each cookie.
There are only 8 cookies in a package with a retail price of $2.99.  I find that a little steep in price for myself.  I was sent 5-$1 off coupons to share though and fully intend to share a couple of them with myself.  I will buy them for $1.99.

Further information:  Serving size is 1 cookie.  Per serving there is 120 calories 10 grams of sugar, 125 mg of sodium and 6 grams of total fat.  Each cookies does provide 4% of the recommended daily intake of iron and 4% of vitamin a.
Contains: wheat, milk, soy, and eggs.  May contain peanuts, coconut, pecans, cashews, and macadamia nuts.

Disclaimer:  I rec'd the Kroger The truly Awesome homestyle chocolate chip cookies as part of a bzz campaign with bzzagent.com.  I was not compensated in any other way.  All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...