Thursday, August 25, 2011

Squidoo Hopping 8/25/11--Linky

It's Thursday already this week!

You won't believe it but I did get some work done in squidoo this past week.  I almost don't believe it myself.

First I updated My Toothbrush Rugs with a couple more photos.  I still plan on making that rug bigger but for now that is on hold.

I finally got in and did the final update on Our Homeschool Journey Part 5.  Now I need to get a lens started for this school year.  I am still thinking just one lens for the entire school year where I share the books we use as well as put in some pics of Jasmine throughout the school year.

Then, I happened across My Home Town, Hutchinson, KS  on wikipedia so added some more things in to that lens.

Finally, I actually built a new lens.  This one is Finance Without Fear.  It's a book review lens.  I did the post here on my blog then hopped right over to make the lens.  They provided me with a media kit of information with the book so it was fairly easy to put together.  I forgot to add the disclaimer (do I need that for squidoo?  If so I need to get it added to all my book reviews.)  I also need to add the donation module now that I know what module to put in. (Thanks Ruthi)  

I am still wanting to add the donation module to a lot of my lenses so that might be a good project for the next week to get some updating done.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to this past week.....go and see some more lenses....and learn something new too.







 

5 comments:

  1. That book, Finance Without Fear, sounds interesting. I would like to do more crafts fairs and such but haven't wanted to officially start a business (working through Zazzle and CafePress I don't have to...but it would be nice to be able to do other things too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been Squidoo busy! Visited all your links in this post and gave you plenty of lens love, even though I'd previously visited a couple of these.

    You're welcome..:-) Marsha, when I created my tithe lensography is when I spent the time to pick a donation module and setting for each of my lenses. Now it's automatic with new lenses. Good luck with that, as you have lots more lenses to deal with than I had at the time.

    I worked 6 days in a row this past week and didn't have much Squidoo time. Off today and did nothing much but little things here and there all over my net projects and forums and I rested, hahaha! I may create a lens tomorrow; if so, I'll link up with you!

    Thanks for hosting for the lensmasters. This one sure appreciates your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gale I think sticking with the Print on Demand type of business is well worth it. Unless you enjoy the community that craft fairs has - for me, a solo, I just enjoy doing it all behind the scenes on the computer. Let me know your Zazzle shop and I list it in my directory.

    @Marsha This has been a super busy week for me as well. I did see your book review as I found it on the spotted squid or facebook squids not sure which one. I saw a photo of your rug and it is gorgeous.

    @Ruthi even though you didn't Squidoo - you were still busy. I thought I was the only one who did the percentage per lens thing to charity - nice to know others do as well. I'm up to 25% of all royalties going to Kiva this year. [I cghoose a different charity each year to concentrate on]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha! I asked at Ravelry forums about the conversion of hook sizes from numbers to letters. My friends there lead me to this website:
    http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/hooks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to get a lens published for this week after all, so posted! Thanks again, Marsha! And thank you, too, Sara!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...