Saturday, August 13, 2011

Handmade Gifts for Ariel

A financial dilemma made me really think about the birthday's of 3 granddaughters this month.
Handmade is better anyway, so what was I thinking?


Today is Ariel's 7th birthday.


I had ran across a squidoo lens about bracelets made from plarn.  That sparked an idea.   I also crocheted her a necklace with beads.  Both are shown in the photo below:


As I sat making those another idea hit me that I had thought of one other time.  Make them quilts for their dolls!   I have quite a pile of different sized squares that are left over from other quilts.  I got to work.  It wasn't getting as large as I wanted it to be so I kept adding on here and there until I thought it was an acceptable size.  I think this is what you call true quilting.
Here is what I came up with.  I have 2 more to make, including Willo's today.  Each will be different than the others.


I will end with a picture of the birthday girl with her cake:

 I hope to start doing more of these frugal gift posts.

 

1 comment:

  1. Great way to utilize your quilt scraps, Marsha! I'm sure the grand girls will love these handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...