Thursday, August 11, 2011

Squidoo Hopping 8/11/11

First of all, let me apologize for not having this post up last week....and not letting you know ahead of time that I was probably taking last week off from my blog.  Actually, I thought I would keep up with my blog.  Little did I know  he he.  It was a great newlywed/vacation/family week.

I have not done a thing with any of my lenses.  I keep thinking of it, but letting other things get in my way.

So today I'm going to share some of my lenses that have dropped below the 400,000 ranking mark and are in the pink.  As always, as you look at them, if you have suggestions, please feel free to let me know.  There seems to always be something you can do to a lens that will give it an update.

When Ghosts Speak-Book Review  --

This is a book that I won as a spine chilling book package from gather.com.  This is a very interesting read for sure.  One that I want to read again.

Online Craft Mall  --If you make crafts to sell, you will want to check this one out.  Ralyn does a great job running the craft mall and membership costs very little compared to other sites like it out there!

Meatball Subs  --  This one was a recipe lens assignment through rocketmoms.  I know Ruthi wants to know more about rocketmoms so we need to get her an invite to join in on the next session.  Rocketmoms is a group on squidoo where you get assignments on lenses to build for 6 weeks.  To graduate you must complete all assignments.  Along the way there are bonus assignments.  Everyone helps each other out with ideas and ratings.  I've been honored to be a part of the group.  I've not kept up very well with future assignments after my graduation, but have done some of them here and there.

Kansas--Our First Lapbook!  -- I love this lens, and the lapbook that we made.  We get this one out quite often.  Jasmine is really too old now to make the lapbooks but I'm still in hopes of interesting her into making more anyway.  She could even make it a project to make them for the younger kids to learn from.

 

That's all for me this week.  I look forward to getting back to work in squidoo and clicking along as you add to my linky.









2 comments:

  1. Headed to visit your lens links now, Marsha, and shall return with further comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When Ghosts Speak" - I suggest more information in the introduction. Maybe a lead in type of thing, like, "Have you ever had the feeling that every time you venture into the workshop..." or "Sight unseen, but I knew she was there!" kind of tale, lol. Something to pull the reader in, but also appropriate to the theme of the book and lens topic.

    Also, I wouldn't make the lens title and the intro title the same. Utilize those 2 title spots for pertinent (to the lens) keywords, and again, grabbing the audience, as well as the search engines attention.

    -----

    Online Craft Mall: Some of the links you share are bad links: the one for Gazebo Store Fronts Already Built and also your own link, Marsha's Gifts Galore and More Table Site.

    -----

    Meatball Subs: YES, Ruthi wants to know all about Rocket Moms! OK, the lens: watch your Cafepress modules on your lenses, I've discovered the products change! Your module on this lens has very little to do with cooking, lol. For instance, you have Christmas cards as a product.

    -----

    Kansas Lapbook lens: Gotta love that state SUNflower! The main thing I see is with the intro ... you are speaking as though whoever lands on the lens knows who Jasmine is and that you homeschool and they know what lenses are. I've learned in my short time at Squidoo that I need to remember to create my lenses as though the site visitor is a total stranger to me and to my topic and to Squidoo.

    -----

    Gosh, I sure hope this helps you a bit, Marsha. I still consider myself a newbie at Squidoo, but I wanted to give you a good critique to help you out of the pink.

    This is something I wish others would do with my lenses, too!

    Thanks for hosting this hop, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...