Thursday, February 5, 2015

Writer's Unite 2/5/15

Good Thursday to all!  How has your week been?  How is the weather in your part of the country?
It's not terribly bad in Kansas.  We've had some bitter cold windy days and there is just a bit of snow on the ground.  I'm reading all over the internet about those of you that are having massive snow.
My week has been hectic.  Nothing new about that, just different stresses this week.

This week I would like to address how you handle PR emails that come to your inbox.  I know over the years I've signed up at several different websites for my blogging.  I just updated my info at 2 of those recently--then dummy me didn't make note of what the websites even were!
I've not kept up with sverve, tomoson, etc where you apply for blog posts.

I consistently am still getting emails from PR companies asking me to post this or that.  A good portion of those offer no compensation.  In the beginning, if it was something that related to the things that I post about on a regular basis, I would try to get it posted.  Anymore I mostly just delete the emails.   Actually I've been deleting those for a long time now.
I don't feel that I should be expected to post without compensation or a product sent to me.
A few times I've braved up and replied that I would love to post it, but would need compensation.
A few times I've gotten a reply "sorry, but we are unable to compensate at this time", but a few times now the reply has been that they are happy to compensate me.
I don't ask near what I read that a lot of bloggers are receiving as far as compensation.

Do you also feel that your time is worth either pay or a product in return for a post?

I need help still.  I can not, for the life of me, get my coding right for my buttons in the side bar.  The space keeps coming up blank where you are supposed to be able to paste the code to add it to your blog.
I also have some redesigning to do as well as removing of pages and side bar items that are no longer needed.

I hope you've had a good writing week.  I look forward to what you share this week.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...