Friday, February 6, 2015

Frugal Friday With Marsha--Week in Review


This week sure seems to have flown by!
Frugal highlights of my week were:

Bare bones grocery shopping and eating from what we already have in the freezer and cabinets.  Unfortunately bare bones shopping is a necessity right now.

We went to the Salvation Army and had the certified IRS tax preparers there do our taxes for free over paying H&R Block over $200 this year!  This was a major accomplishment on my part to finally get hubby to agree to go there and save all of that money.

I haven't had a chance to take advantage of sales with coupons this past week.  I did use 4 Angel Soft TP coupons to stock up a bit on those and I shared my other 2 coupons with my mom so she could get some cheap too.

A code that someone shared on TSU for amazon enabled me to order and receive a pair of socks for .50. They are now added to my gifts stash tote.

Our supper last night was ham slices from the freezer, oven fried potatoes, peas and carrots, and crescent rolls.   I opened the Tightwas Gazette book and used her easy instructions for making the oven fried potatoes.  They were yummy and simple.  There are several other recipes in the book that I look forward to using as well.


Gasoline has jumped up to over $2 a gallon now.  I can't complain about $2.09 compared to over $5 we've seen in the past.  I have been making sure to not just run to one place.  If I am out I make the most of my trip.  It pays to plan the best route for no back tracking and to make sure you get everything done that you need while you are out.

I finished my first locker hook rug.  I love having yet another use for scrap fabrics.  I'm itching to start another rug as I still have 2 bags of strips that were given to me.  Currently I've gotten out the big cone of cotton yarn that I was fortunate to find at a yard sale, and crocheting dishcloths/washcloths.   I feel so blessed with other give me materials to work with or I find them cheaply at thrift stores or yard sales!  That makes my crafting very frugal.

I think that's about it for this week's report.  I look forward to seeing what others have posted this week.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...