Sunday, February 8, 2015

Super Sunday Reviews --Pigments of Your Imagination

Pigments of Your Imagination--Creating with Alcohol Inks is by Cathy Taylor and published by Schiffer.  Published February 3, 2015.

I have seen art such as  what is in this book and have always thought it was so cool and pretty.  I had never heard of alcohol inks until receiving the book.
I immediately thought of my 2 youngest daughters.  One who loves to draw and is good at it.  The other is very craftsy, always finding projects on pinterest to do with her children.

Pigments of Your Imagination is set up into 6 sections:  Simply Start, Special Effects, Ink-Scapes, Flora and Fauna-Scapes, Fabric Effects, and Everything Else.
Also included are dedication, foreward, introduction, finding your muse, materials and tools, about alcohol inks, gallery, glossary, resources, guest artists, acknowledgements, and about the authour sections.

Here is one of the pages from the Flora and Fauna-Scapes section:

Each section is full of vibrant illustrations and well written, clear instructions.

As a quilter, the Fabric Effects section interests me the most.  I look forward to being able to buy the supplies needed and give designing my own fabrics a try!

Enjoy this video by the author, Cathy Taylor.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...