Friday, December 12, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha ---A Frugal Christmas





My computer is still not reading my picture disc for some reason.  The disc has pictures of crafts that I've made as gifts that I hadn't gotten around to building into a lenses.   Since I can't access those pictures, this week I am going to share blog posts from a few years back instead.
I did a series of posts on my frugal Christmas that year.   Each picture will be clickable to the actual blog post if you are interested in checking the full post out.  Each post will talk of costs and such.


Steak boxes filled with art supplies for each grandchild.  The supplies were all bought before school started when they have the 5, 10 and 25 cent sales!
My Frugal Christmas Part 1


Health and Beauty boxes for my adult children and their significant others.   Of course everything in the boxes was bought throughout the year for a little bit of nothing with sales and coupons.
My Frugal Christmas Part 2


Fabric bags made a filled.  Breakdown of what is in each bag and the costs are in the post.  I did buy the fabrics for the bags at Walmart, but each bag only took half of a yard to make.
My Frigal Christmas Part 3


Hot pads made with scraps of fabric leftover from making quilts.
My Frugal Christmas Part 4


And last, but not least, Christmas baking.   Holiday baking isn't always frugal....or cheap.  I make boxes for lots of people and families.  You might want to click over and see just how I made that year possible!
My Frugal Christmas Part 5

  I hope you have enjoyed the frugal Christmas tour.  This, is typical of my Christmas every year.  This particular year I just got motivated and shared!
I look forward to what you will share this week.

 






5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us. Some of these would really be good for shelters, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you are having computer problems with your photos. I love frugal gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment section looks strange! Is it hiding the plus button?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frugal gifts are the best! It's good you shop in advance of the occasion and find the items on super sale!

    Sorry to hear about the computer issues with your photos. Have you tried having someone else try it on their computer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a gift for my hubby this year when I ran out of cash and wanted him to have something "special." (as in NOT on his Christmas list). Historically handmade gifts have not been a hit, so I hope he really likes these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...