Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Frugal Christmas 2010 Part 4

As the last of my banana bread for this season is baking, I thought I would get part 4 of my frugal Christmas this year posted.

It seems I've been working on these hot pads for months...I'm sure it's only been a couple of months.

I used leftover materials from the quilts that I gave my kids and grandkids last year.  I hope you will visit my squidoo lens all about them at Blankets For Christmas.

When I was cutting the material last year for the quilts, I was throwing away the smaller pieces of fabric.  It was actually my boyfriend that pointed out as to why I wasn't making 2 inch squares to use some time later.  Well, go Steve!  
I had what seemed like piles of them in my dresser drawer.


While we were at Wal-Mart one day there was some of the Insulbrite material in the remnant bin.  I picked it up quickly, knowing I had been wanting to make hot pads/pot holders with those small squares.  I don't remember the exact cost, but it was right around $6.

I also did pay $1.97 for the package of plastic rings that I sewed to the back of each one.

All of the women on my list are getting a set of 2 this year.  My daughter's boyfriend is also getting a set since he recently bought a house.  (Can't wait to see his reaction when he opened them  he he)


What do you think?   Sure looks like a load of them when I put them all down for the photo once they were done!






I'm thinking of doing a part 5 with my Christmas goodies, but I'm not sure yet.  It's turned out to be more frugal than most years, so I probably will  :)   Just wish me luck on getting all the baking done this week!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...