Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Frugal Christmas 2010 Part 4

As the last of my banana bread for this season is baking, I thought I would get part 4 of my frugal Christmas this year posted.

It seems I've been working on these hot pads for months...I'm sure it's only been a couple of months.

I used leftover materials from the quilts that I gave my kids and grandkids last year.  I hope you will visit my squidoo lens all about them at Blankets For Christmas.

When I was cutting the material last year for the quilts, I was throwing away the smaller pieces of fabric.  It was actually my boyfriend that pointed out as to why I wasn't making 2 inch squares to use some time later.  Well, go Steve!  
I had what seemed like piles of them in my dresser drawer.


While we were at Wal-Mart one day there was some of the Insulbrite material in the remnant bin.  I picked it up quickly, knowing I had been wanting to make hot pads/pot holders with those small squares.  I don't remember the exact cost, but it was right around $6.

I also did pay $1.97 for the package of plastic rings that I sewed to the back of each one.

All of the women on my list are getting a set of 2 this year.  My daughter's boyfriend is also getting a set since he recently bought a house.  (Can't wait to see his reaction when he opened them  he he)


What do you think?   Sure looks like a load of them when I put them all down for the photo once they were done!






I'm thinking of doing a part 5 with my Christmas goodies, but I'm not sure yet.  It's turned out to be more frugal than most years, so I probably will  :)   Just wish me luck on getting all the baking done this week!



6 comments:

  1. They look great. I cant believe you got them all done in a couple months, woulda took me a couple years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty pile there, Marsha! Merry Christmas!

    Poster Print Giveaway: Let My Spirit Live

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very pretty quilt! I am so jealous that you have that much done already in one year. I barely have anything done and I started months ago. I love the potholders, though. I think I am going to consider making those for next year because my best friend and I have decided we we are going to have a homemade Christmas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on all of it!

    I just pulled three mini loaves of banana nut bread out of the oven, and put three mini loaves of cranberry nut bread in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pot pads are beautiful Marsha, you are so talnted and you do such good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...