Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday 12/17/14

I feel like I've had a pretty productive week of sewing.

I've continued to work on the hand quilting on the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt.  I still hope to finish it before Christmas although I'm not sure who will get it.   I am taking it this afternoon to Needlers group at the quilt shop to work on.






I took my 13 year old grandson to a Mom and Me Apron sewing class at the quilt shop on Saturday.  It was an all day class and we had a blast.  Right away I thought I would like to make an apron for my son for Christmas since I was short a gift for him.   I have found something else now.  I will plan the apron for his birthday instead.    I only have a picture of me in my apron because my camera decided to die.  By the time I got out a different camera to use my daughter had 'claimed' the apron my grandson made and had taken it home with her.


I took an evening to work on my fractured pineapple blocks.  I hope to do this at least once a week, but won't again now until after Christmas.    I decided instead of making one at  a time I would work on my remaining 15 all at once.  So, that pile of papers each has 5 of the 29 pieces done.   I purchased black fabric as I will use that as my sashing and binding.   I plan to put it together in quilt as you go.




I ended up adding another project to my list.    I was looking through a box of fabric that my mom's friend had given me awhile back.  I was looking for fabrics that might be 'manly' to make that apron for my son.  Instead I seen Elvis fabric!  My mom loves Elvis so I decided to make a lap quilt for her.  In the box was also the fabric with the records printed on it.  I hope to get it sandwiched and pinned today.  The picture isn't complete as I did put a border on it last night after taking the picture.


Now let's talk UFO's.  They remain the same and I didn't add the Elvis quilt to my list.  I wonder if I can still finish anything on this list before the end of the year?

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug
Hexagon flower table runner
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...