Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday 12/17/14

I feel like I've had a pretty productive week of sewing.

I've continued to work on the hand quilting on the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt.  I still hope to finish it before Christmas although I'm not sure who will get it.   I am taking it this afternoon to Needlers group at the quilt shop to work on.






I took my 13 year old grandson to a Mom and Me Apron sewing class at the quilt shop on Saturday.  It was an all day class and we had a blast.  Right away I thought I would like to make an apron for my son for Christmas since I was short a gift for him.   I have found something else now.  I will plan the apron for his birthday instead.    I only have a picture of me in my apron because my camera decided to die.  By the time I got out a different camera to use my daughter had 'claimed' the apron my grandson made and had taken it home with her.


I took an evening to work on my fractured pineapple blocks.  I hope to do this at least once a week, but won't again now until after Christmas.    I decided instead of making one at  a time I would work on my remaining 15 all at once.  So, that pile of papers each has 5 of the 29 pieces done.   I purchased black fabric as I will use that as my sashing and binding.   I plan to put it together in quilt as you go.




I ended up adding another project to my list.    I was looking through a box of fabric that my mom's friend had given me awhile back.  I was looking for fabrics that might be 'manly' to make that apron for my son.  Instead I seen Elvis fabric!  My mom loves Elvis so I decided to make a lap quilt for her.  In the box was also the fabric with the records printed on it.  I hope to get it sandwiched and pinned today.  The picture isn't complete as I did put a border on it last night after taking the picture.


Now let's talk UFO's.  They remain the same and I didn't add the Elvis quilt to my list.  I wonder if I can still finish anything on this list before the end of the year?

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug
Hexagon flower table runner
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! And I say, don't underestimate the allure of aprons, everyone wants mine when they see it and its 30 years old! I just think there's something really great about them - new or vintage. It's great to hear that your grandson enjoyed the class, there's not enough opportunities for younger people to experience practical sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...