Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday--Moving Right Along!

No, I didn't make it in to my craft room every day this week, but I did make it in there a couple of days.  That along with sit n' sew at the quilt shop and sewing club at church, I feel like I've gotten a lot done this week.

Here are the pillowcases so far.  I still have fabric to buy for one more, but they are rolling along now.
I ran into a couple of snags working on the quilt top for church, one being that a few of my rows I sewed together backwards.  Then, I thought I didn't have enough of the half square triangles so I went to work to make more.  I had enough!  I had forgotten that I already had one of the big blocks done already when I was counting.  Sheesh!   Give me another 6 months of sewing on this only at sewing club each month and this top might be completed.
The only thing I did in those 2 days sewing in my craft room was to work on more of the blocks with the rectangles.  Both days I only intended to at least sew 2 together.  I ended up with 17 sewn, plus the 3 I had originally sewn and then sewn together.  I will keep making the blocks, as many as I can with the rectangles that I have, and then determine just what I will make with them.
I have also worked on more coasters.  I was able to get more plastic canvas so will continue now to make those until I use up the entire huge ball of yarn.
Here is a picture of what they all look like.  I do have some in my etsy store already in sets of 4, 6, or 8.
I am in hopes to make it to the quilt shop this afternoon for the monthly needlers.  I want to work on the applique bunnies.  They've been sorely neglected!  If I do make it down there I will share a photo of my progress with those next week.

I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



 

5 comments:

  1. You do beautiful work. I loved looking at it, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you have accomplished this week! I absolutely love the pillow cases for the grandkids! They are so colorful! What a fun day it is probably to quilt with a group of ladies! Thanks so much for inspiring us to keep working at our projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you have used for the coasters, you are so crafty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you have time to be so crafty when you homeschool?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...