Friday, July 27, 2012

TGIFF--Flowered Quilt is Done!



I almost can't believe it.  The flowered quilt is finally done, faults and all.  I intended for this one to be completed in February when I was privileged to have the chance to host the TGIFF linky here in my blog.

Ok, so most months the only work it got done on it was at the monthly sit n' sew at the quilt shop.  That was after I kind of got tired of working on it.


Also, I am taking part in my first sampler at the quilt shop.  This one is a 20 month sampler.  There are a couple of months when it's cancelled due to other things going on at the quilt shop, so the last square won't be handed out until February 2014.  That seems so so far away.
It's Every Barn Tells a Story.  The first block is the Ohio Star, and here is my completed block:
 I do look forward to each month learning how to make yet another block.

 

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm looking forward to learning to quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks lovely, well done for hanging on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish! I know how long strung out quilts feel!
    It was worth it, wasn't it!
    I've never participated in a Quilt Shop monthly. I bet it's great hooking up with other quilters, in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You commented on how I put together my honeycomb blocks, over at Sewfrench.com This is a quicky explanation of how most people put them together, Marsha. My way is very similar, but different, harder to explain...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQG0V42O0fI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Ohio Star quilt block and its colors! Congratulations on finishing your flowered quilt! That's a great big project so I know you are happy to have completed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, that's strange. I left a comment here last week, but it's vanished. Oh, well...I'll tell you again that your quilt is beautiful! I'm particularly impressed because I can just barely sew at all. An entire quilt seems impossible to me! But well done on finishing it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...