Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday-A Granny Square Week

I actually did make it in to my craft room for some sewing 2 days this past week.  I had bought my daughter a small tv with built in dvd player at a yard sale.  I put that in her room and took the tv with built in vcr and put it in my craft room.
I realize that most of you would prefer to not have a tv in your craft room, but here is what I did.  Also while going to yard sales one day I was able to buy 20 VHS movies for just $1 at one sale.  These added to the full shelves we already have, and what we can still check out from the public library will keep me busy in my room.  I found it worked really well for me to turn on a movie and sew until it was over. (I watched Michael and Charlie's Angels).

I was able to finish the flower quilt, which you can see in my TGIFF post (right under this post if you are on my home page) I also finished my first block for the sampler I am doing at the quilt shop.  We are doing Every Barn Tells a Story.  This block is the Ohio Star.  This is my first time doing a sampler, it's a 20 month one, and this is the first block:

I completed a fabric bag that was for an order.  I also worked just a bit on my new quilt for sewing club at church.  I didn't work on it enough, however, to warrant taking a photo.  I have to get all of the materials laid out for it and really get back in to the groove.  I hope to get that much done this evening.

I had gotten behind on my granny square a day challenge.  Well, not really, I had the squares done, just didn't have them on my blanket.  I am now caught up on putting squares on the blanket up to July 31, day 213.

I have a bit of a dilemma now.  I am down to just a few colors of yarn left, and only small balls of those.  I am going to have to start crocheting on a prayer shawl for church so that I can see if I have yarn left from that for my granny squares.  I have 110 more granny's to crochet to complete the blanket, plus the squares needed for a pillow.

Here is what my blanket is looking like so far:
 

I am linking up with:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Your granny afghan is gorgeous! You really a lot of work with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a lot of fun to do a barn-themed project. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...