Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WIP Wednesday---It's Been Go Go Go and No Sew Sew Sew

I didn't even do a post last week---I hadn't sewn anything.  I've still not sat behind my sewing machine or working on any sewing projects.  Over 2 weeks now and I am not happy about that.
We have just been on the go!  I always think that once school is out for summer things will slow down.  I don't know why I always think that when they never do!

I have been working on a washcloth order that is now shipped.  I'm also working on a soap savers order, which is almost done.

All is not lost as it's sit n' sew evening this Friday at the quilt shop.  It's still a shame though that most of my work on sewing gets done when I take my machine away from home.  I hope to finish my wall hanging and plastic bag holder for my kitchen while there.  I'm also hoping to work a bit on my quilt.

If I don't let Friday get by me again, I must share my finished projects in the TGIFF blog link up!

My biggest work in progress became finally cutting out and sorting all of my coupons.  I had let this go for weeks, more like months.  It's done though and I am back to my coupon shopping.  I still have this past Sunday's coupons to mostly get cut and in my binder.  I found that we can buy 5 Sunday papers from the news office once Sunday is past.  This is exciting for me.  I also started attending a local coupon meeting that I found out about.

I got way behind on my granny square a day challenge.  I stayed up until 2 am last night trying to catch up.  I don't have all the squares completely sewn on, but took a photo anyway.  It's been 3 weeks since my last report.  You should be able to see a difference in how it's moving along.  I counted....and re-counted....the squares when I took the photo and actually have 160, so it's done up to June 8th.   I'm reminding myself to not take another challenge like this  LOL  A year is a long time to do something daily.  It is going to look beautiful on our bed though once it's complete.



I am linking up with the following blogs:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Oh it really is lovely! And right you are the ghan has really grown since I last saw it. Hope things calm down for you. Maybe you can take little go go projects with you when you can't sit at the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The granny squares look awesome! I love all of the colors. I've been thinking about making one of those as my first project, and I think you've convinced me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to make your bedroom look so cheerful. You will smile everytime you see it. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...