Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIFF--Another Quilt Down!




I made my goal!  I finished another quilt today.  It took me all day, but I did it!
I have 2 more quilts planned to make.  No, neither will be done by next Friday---in fact, I will be lucky to have the material ironed and cut for them.

On another note--as long as it's not cancelled, we have sewing club at church next Tuesday.  Chances are that one of the quilt tops that I completed, will be completed into a quilt by the other lady's at club.

I am not a master quilter, nor will I ever be....in fact, only one quilt I've ever made came off without a hitch.  On this one, as I was ironing the top, I found a small rip (or cut if my grandson is guilty) in a strip piece.  It was in such a place that I couldn't fix it with my machine so I hand stitched it together.  Then, the blanket wasn't quite big enough to go from side to side.....then, when I went to take the photo and folded the corner over, I had sewn in a pin!  It was a pin with a small ball top.  We got the pin part out but the little ball is in the edging.
Despite flaws, it's being listed for sale in my etsy shop.

 

6 comments:

  1. Your fabrics are wonderful. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely and it has an interesting story! The pin ball could be an added feature! Thanks for linking up tonTGIFF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour palette and design of your quilt! Just think of the ball as texture. ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for describing the things that can go wrong! Pardon me, it made me laugh. I'm glad that I am not the only one who gets into these sorts of messes. The quilt is very nice! (I have yet to make one, but it's a goal.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the quilt completion, Marsha! Not to worry about imperfections... to me, these make a handmade item more valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Finish! It's fun to craft isn't it? Even if you don't get your 2 quilts completed, its still progression to get them cut out; every bit is an accomplishment I think! Looking forward to seeing what you might craft next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...