Friday, February 25, 2011

Drugstore Bootstrap Challenge Week 4

Welcome to Week 4 of the Drugstore Bootstrap challenge for the month of February.  The challenge is posted by Frugal Follies and you can find the post here.

We only have Walgreen's here.

My Rules:
1.  I can spend no more than $10 out of pocket the whole month.
2.  Sales tax does not count in the $10 total.
3.  I can start with the $5 in register rewards that I have on hand.
4.  I can use any coupons that I can, and they also do not count in the total, as the total is just out of pocket.

As you know, I blew the $10 OOP for the month after the 3rd week of shopping.  Also as you know, we are closing on our house next week.  Since I blew it, I decided to not worry about it too much, and most all I bought this week is now packed to moved to our new home.  I still feel like I did pretty well!

I bought:
RePhresh Tampons, on sale for $5.99, used $1 coupon and got back $5 in RR's.
2-Clorox Clean Up Wipes in sale 2 for $6, got back $2 in RR's
2 Ziploc freezer bags, on sale 2 for $5 with Walgreen's coupon and I used $1/2 coupon
Dove Deoderant, on sale for $1.99 with Walgreen's coupon and I used a $2 coupon
2 Glade Relax spray, on sale 2 for $5, used 2-$1 coupons and got back $1 in RR's.
I then used my $10 in RR's from the previous week.


I paid $7.98 OOP (not including sales tax), saved $18.58 total in coupons (including Walgreen's coupons), and have $8 total is RR's for my next shopping.


This brings my total OOP for the month to $21.65.  I still feel good about it since over the month I now have several items for our new home.


What will the March challenge be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...