Monday, April 26, 2010

My Frugal Week--April 18-24, 2010

I used to have a nice following on my frugal week posts in themestream (before they went under owing everyone a lot of money)
I want to start posting them weekly to my blog.
I am in a living situation where it's made hard for me to be frugal like I love to be.  I am in hopes that by keeping track and posting weekly, I will be able to get it back.

Week of April 18-24:

I put leftover suppers in the freezer.  When there is enough, I will pull them out and we will have leftover night.  It will be like a buffet with lots to choose from, and the food doesn't end up rotting in the fridge.

I put leftover veggies in a container together in the deep freeze.  When the container is full enough, and I've gotten a good deal on a roast, these will be put in to cook with the roast.

I try to always consider my Walgreen's shopping as frugal.  I do what I can to save what I can, spend as little as I can, and get things we need and want.  Many of the items I buy at Walgreen's also go in to my gift tote to be used as gifts.  If you missed my blog post on my last shopping trip, you can find it here.  Walgreen's Shopping 4/18/10

I dried several pieces of bread that were the ends of the loaves and getting old.  I keep these in a bag in the freezer and use them when making meatballs and meatloaf.  If you know any other good uses for breadcrumbs, let me know.

I will be making totes for the grandchildren for their birthdays.  I am making these out of pillowcases and other materials that I get super cheap at yard sales and second hand stores.  The pillow cases come with sheet sets that I buy cheap, where I use both the top and the fitted sheets in my quilt making.  It worked out that I had an inquiry on if I could make fabric totes.  That prompted me to give it a try, and also gave me an order for 12 of them from the inquiry.

I got a good deal on 2- Stouffer's Family Size entrees this week at the grocery store.  They were on sale for just $3.99 and I had printed 2-$2.50/1 coupons from the internet.  The lasagna is in the oven now for an easy supper after a busy day.

That's it for this week.

1 comment:

  1. I got the same deal on the Stouffer's with the coupons a few weeks ago. The lasagna was a hit, but the chicken bake was a big NO. I emailed Stouffer's to let them know about our experience, and they are sending coupons in return.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...