Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP Wednesday 5/14/13

Life is so crazy right now!  My daughter took on a full time babysitting job.  This on top of finishing up her schoolwork to be graduated this year.
We've had one yard sale and really must have another one this Saturday.
Always the usual things that I do, but add in the extra taking Jasmine to the babysitting jobs and picking up grandkids at school.
It's surprising that I've gotten anything done and home and I have to be thankful for my times away from home to sew.

Friday was sit n' sew at the quilt shop.   It's from 6-10 pm.   I took my hexagons.
I learned my lesson that you don't work on them that long in a stretch.  I thought my thumb and my thumbnail were both going to fall off from holding down to get them stitched.
I didn't get any pieces put together, but I have 4 sets of flowers ready to put together.  They are in the bag.
Otherwise you can just look at my box and know this truly is a forever project.

Here are all of my 4 patches that will eventually be 16 patch squares for the Goodnight Irene quilt.
I'm to the point of squaring these up.   I still hope to get the 2 rows of blocks together and sewn on to catch up to what I should have done by this month.
A couple of evenings in front of the tv and computer I cut up 4 extra large t-shirts and got the middle braid started on a rug to make with them.  I'm thinking the 4 extra large shirts will make a rug all their own.   I still have another rug started in another bag as well that didn't get worked on.
I did pick up some more fabric strips to add to that bag yesterday.
Oh, that cute sewing/craft basket I picked up at a yard sale for $5.  I really bought it for the $8 cone of cotton yarn that was inside it.  I decided that cute basket is a lot better than the usual bag I have sitting by my desk while I work....decorative too.
It was also filled with other yarn and knitting supplies.  I won't use those so they are packed into a bag to put out for sale at the yard sale.
Yesterday was sewing club day at church.  After months and months of working on this quilt, I am finally to hand sewing the binding down.
Finally we are down to my current lists.  Hopefully I can check off a couple more by next Wednesday.  This is only sewing and not my rug making or other crochet and such projects.

UFO's:
(finished) Log Cabin quilt
Log Cabin wall hanging
Log cabin table runner
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners (one done)
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around
Emerald Island Fusique table runner

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)
Braid table runner
Sunflower pillow
Christmas wall hanging
Five and Dime quilt
Chevron quilt

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays


3 comments:

  1. I love all your hexagons! I know what you mean about working on them in large stretches though--my thumb is killing me right now for the same reason.The blue and yellow quilt is gorgeous, too. Almost finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog will be looking back to check in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is starting a new quilt this week. I love how the squares look when they are all cut and ready for the next step; that always brings me comfort for some reason. I am always sad to see a new quilt go to the intended person when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...