Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday 3/12/14

My husband did pay the cable bill Friday after work and we got our internet back.  In the meantime, Monday-Thursday evening, not being able to be on the computer, I got in a LOT of sewing time.
I still stayed up past midnight each night.  I can look at that as a plus.

I only sewed on the 96 log cabin blocks.  I completed all of them.  Below is the layout for the quilt top, which is going to end up a lap quilt due to my log cabins being made with one inch strips.
Since taking this picture, I did sew them together.  I chose not to take a photo and will have a photo when I get the top done.
I am trying to figure out how to do mitered borders and have a lady who is going to help me with that this afternoon at my stitch group.





Yesterday was the monthly sewing club meeting at church.  This is my progress on the quilt as you go that I am working on there.
I also took the time yesterday to cut the rest of my sashing strips and get the binding made.
I am in the middle of making a special order quilt with race cars.  Wish me luck please.  Special orders make me so nervous because I am so afraid of messing up.
This is the first time I've tried fusible batting.  I think I like it, but not sure yet.
One of the ladies at church gave me a bag of plain colored fabrics and a large bag of batting yesterday.  What a blessing!  This will enable me to finish up some of the UFO's on my lists below.
I have changed my UFO list again as I've decided to make 1 log cabin wall hanging and one log cabin table runner instead of 2 wall hangings.

UFO's:
Log Cabin quilt
Log Cabin wall hanging
Log cabin table runner
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners (one done)
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
(Finished) Spoolin' Around

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on WednesdaysThe Lazy Quilter

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful log cabin quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is addictive and I find that some of my best work has happened when our internet has been down!! Good luck with your mitred corners, they can be tricky. I have a tutorial on how I did mine when making one of my quilts, its over in the tutorials section of my blog. But its always the best when someone can show you in person. Your projects here look great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the blue and yellow quilt-as-you-go, very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only think that a couple of days without internet would improve my quilting efficeny - I can't tell you how much time I spend on facebook while sitting in front of my machine :-)
    You look like you've been very busy! Hopefully you get to keep some of these pretties for you :-)
    E xx
    Oh! And thanks for linkingup to making for me! E xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...