Friday, February 8, 2013

Frugal Friday With Marsha--Linky Included

    Another week has seemed to have flown by.
We had a bit of excitement last Friday for my daughter's 27th birthday.  She was in an auto accident and her van was totaled.   Thankfully she didn't have the children with her and she is ok.  Right now she's having a blast driving a nice rental car, courtesy of the other guys insurance.

I did grocery shopping Friday and Saturday too......haven't been back to store the whole rest of the week!    


 I spent $43.18 total for everything in all 3 photos.   
That figure sounds high to me!  But, there are hot dogs, tuna, Salad Additions, canned chili, Healthy Choice and 4 bags of meatballs for meats.  There are chips, crackers, rice cakes and dips for snacks.  There's fruit cocktail, Craisins, lettuce, spaghetti sauce and pickles for fruits and veggies. 

I saved a total of $104.68 in coupons for everything pictured. Savings of 81% total including sales and coupons. That makes what I paid sound so much better. :)

I also want to say that in January my coupon savings for the entire month were $579.70!! whew! Wish I could do that every month.


I do have to say that my husband went to the store to buy 10  2 ltrs of Dr. Pepper for us on the sale----he came home with 20 2 ltrs!  Also ribs, chicken breasts, chicken legs, a bag of apples, a bunch of bananas, and a bag of oranges.  Admittedly I was happy to see more fresh fruit and some different meats......I was disappointed that he spent $77!! ($35 of that was for the ribs)    I guess though after all the scrimping and attempting to only eat what I could buy with coupons, we deserved a treat.


I'm going to start doing a separate blog post from the 99 Cent Solutions book.  Watch for those posts throughout the week  :)   Then I will link them here each week as well.

Your turn to share!
 


2 comments:

  1. Nice goodies for a good price Glad your daughter is safe and sound. It IS nice to drive around in a newer rental. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope my Valentines printable was ok to include. I figure free is always frugal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...