Friday, February 3, 2012

Frugal Friday Link Up--Three Uses for Olive Oil

Good Friday to all! It's been a super super busy week for me away from home and today is no different. Not that I mind being busy, but not much is getting done around the house, or on the computer (or so it seems).

I was able to do a bit more coupon shopping this week...just a little bit. I did the Mega event at the grocery store just one time plus bought milk--which sadly was not on sale this week. I was able to combine a free coupons for Triscuits in with the mega event and a .50 off I Can't Believe It's not Butter coupon in with the deal. Otherwise I did buy cottage cheese because we haven't had any in ages, and then 7 of the Velveeta cups for just .49 each. I also used 3 of the $2 off Private Selections coupons because they were about to expire. I picked up 3 of the Apple Crisp packages for just .99 each after coupon. In all I saved $14.75 on the 14 items that I purchased. (I'm still in the process of getting caught up on organizing coupons, working a little each day.)
For more food this past week, we were able to buy 20 bierocks from church for .50 each. Also, my husband got a great deal on whole chickens from one of the little markets he services. They sold them to him for just .69 a lb! He came home with 2 large whole chickens for $4.69. We still had meat from the week before.
**************************************************************************************************************

Today, from the 99 Cent Solutions book, I am sharing 3 uses for olive oil.

1. Polish for finished wood surfaces. Instead of using furniture sprays and polishes, which are nothing but silicone, use olive oil. The sprays and polishes leave a quick shine, but over time they build up a sticky dullness. Simple wipe on a dab of pure olive oil with a soft cloth, then buff to shine.

2. Recondition your baseball mitt. Bring back softness and shine to that old baseball mitt by pouring oil on a rag and then working it into the glove well. Rub it into the cracks and crevices. Use a clean rag to buff off any excess.

3. Repair damaged hair. Wash your hair and rinse with warm water. Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil in a cup in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Massage it all through your hair and cover with an old shower cap or warp your hair with a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with a towel and wear it for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse well, and your hair will feel thick and silky. This will help repair too much sun, chemicals, blow drying, and curling iron dryness and brittleness.
***************************************************************************************************************

Link up your frugal tips, recipes, and savings trips to keep me motivated!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...