Friday, December 23, 2011

Frugal Friday Link Up--3 Uses for Marshmallows

First of all, let me apologize for not getting this posted first thing this morning! Christmas time is crazy time with final preparations. I kept 4 grandkids overnight last night. This morning I had the good idea to get out the craft supplies and let them sit at the kitchen table and create. What we created was a mess, but they had a good time. We aren't done yet though as now I got out the construction paper, glue, glitter, markers, etc so they can make Christmas cards for others. Good thing my kitchen was already a mess LOL

I have completed my baking. I didn't do near what I usually do. I made everyone (30 people) individual banana breads and then did pretzels dipped in white almond bark. All I have left to do is get what food I can ready today for tomorrows dinners. I hope hubby remembers to bring home dinner rolls! Better give him a call.

Now, this week out of the 99 Cent Solutions book are 3 uses for marshmallows. A bit of history in the book tells me that marshmallows used to be used to soothe sore throats. The replacement of the root juice with gelatin put a stop to this.

1. Top a cupcake. Anyone can make frosting, but be the coolest mom is school by bringing cupcakes topped with melted marshmallows. Once the cupcakes are done in the oven, just pop a marshmallow on top of each one and leave them in the oven just 1 minute longer. Cool completely. As an added feature, melt 1 cups of chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute on high. Use a fork to drip strips all over the surface of the marshmallow.

2. Drip proof sugar cone. Wa la! Drop a mini marshmallow followed by a large marshmallow into the bottom of pointed sugar cone and this will cause a barrier that drips can't get out of.

3. Preserve brown sugar. Put 2 or 3 large fresh marshmallows in your bag of brown sugar before sealing the bag. This will stop your brown sugar from being a piece of brown granite next time you are ready to bake. As as added measure, also seal the bag inside a plastic container.

Any other ideas for marshmallows? Just leave me a comment! (I am having a world of a time typing marshmallows instead of marshamellows LOL My name is Marsha and my nickname is Mellow!)

Before adding the linky, I do want to wish each and every one of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marsha for the opportunity of posting a link.
    Poutine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...