Friday, September 2, 2011

Frugal Friday Link Up 9/2/11

Happy Friday!

I have spent this week going after about everyone and turning off lights that aren't needed to be on. Those electric bills have been scary.

I've not been good, in fact, I've been lazy. For 2 weeks now I've been using the dryer instead of hanging the clothes out on the line to dry. Someone kick me! I'm going to just kick myself and get back to hanging them outside. I know this will save on the electric bill.

My best frugal thing this past week was all the yard sales I hit this past Saturday. I got so many craft supplies!! I will link up the post in this week's linky for any of you who missed it. Now if I can just figure out how to find the time to start making those materials in to things. Life is so crazy all the time....and it's about to make me crazy.

Here are this week's tips from the 99 Cent Solutions book. We are still in the baking soda category.

1. Make fluffier omelets. Add a scant 1/4 tsp of baking soda to every 3 eggs. Zthe omelet will be light and fluffy. This also works to make big fluffy curds when scrambling eggs. Be careful not to add too much of the eggs will taste bland. Also, don't over salt since the soda adds a slight salty taste.

2. Clean your brushes. Hairbrushes and combs should be washed periodically to remove hair oils that build up. Remove any hair, fill the sink with warm water and stir in a couple spoonfuls of baking soda. Let the brushes soak for several hours, rinse, and dry. Toothbrushes can be cleaned the same way.

3. Discourage weeds in cracks. Sprinkle on baking soda and sweep it in to the cracks. Grass will stick to the lawn instead.

4. Wash the dog's ears. Dirt or mites in your pet's ears can drive him nuts with scratching. Clean out the dirt and put an end to the mites with a cotton swab dipped in a mild solution of 1 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon baking soda.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...