Friday, June 17, 2011

Frugal Friday's With Marsha 6/17/11

Welcome to another Frugal Friday! I hope you will share any frugal type blog posts you've done this past week in the linky. The linky does remain open all week.

This week has been hectic for me, to say the least. I have kept 4 of my grandchildren all week while we had Bible school each evening. Tonight is the last Bible school day and the kids will then go to their fathers.

Upon asking if I could go ahead and keep them for the week, I realized I would not have enough food to stretch for the week for 4 more mouths. I asked my daughter to get some food. We ended up at Aldi. I didn't really ask her to buy that much, but just enough to keep them in snacks and drinks for the week. As far as meat I just had her get us 1 lb of ground beef and a bag of chicken nuggets. In all she spent $52 and they picked up quite a few things for themselves as well.

One night for supper I made the 5 slices of ham I had in the freezer stretch to feed us all by cutting the slices in to strips. I also used up the last of the bag of potatoes that were starting to get old.

Speaking of potatoes--one of the potato eyes I planted in the garden is blooming. I've planted a few more. Other garden notes--very few of the snap peas survived, but my teen had a good time eating what did grow. I've planted more, a little off season, but if they don't grow I still have more to plant later too. The cantaloupe seeds that I planted seem to be thriving. I've used most all the onions both white and red out of the garden. I've tried planting seeds from the tops to get more, but so far I'm not seeing anything. I really need to get out today and cut down the spinach or it's going to go to seed instaed of continuing to reproduce. The tomatoes plants are blossoming but I'm sure I need to go prune them so that they can actually produce us some fruit. All of the pepper plants have blooms now, but don't seem to be growing very large as in the plants themselves. The strawberries, I'm sure, are done for the season. Now they will, or should, just spread to make more for next season.

Yesterday I stopped at the store for a few cans of cat food and seen a sale buy 5 items get $5 off. I got 5 more things for us to snack on. I should have gotten all cookies at just $1.18 a package, but I got 1 Rice Krispies Treats at $1.99 and 1 box of Cheez Its for $1.79.

Basically other than the above I've done the usual of hanging the laundry out on the line to dry and washing in cold water. I've done a lot more laundry this week though with 4 extra kids here.

I think that's it for my report this week. I can't wait to read what others have done, or tips they have to share, some good cheap recipes, coupon match ups and other things.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...