Friday, June 17, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing--Week 24 (Week 1 for Me)

Last week while browsing through blogs I ran across I'm an Organizing Junkie
Wishing I had known about this at the beginning of the year, I decided to jump in. We only closed on this house March 2nd of this year. I promised myself with all the extra storage and so many more rooms, that I would not allow myself to get disorganized, and not allow clutter to build up.

I did well the first 3 weeks. As I unpacked, I put things where they belonged...or where I designated them to belong. I kept all counters and tables cleared. I was doing well! It took me a bit longer to organize my craft/all purpose room, but I did get it done!

Just a few months later I am looking around and seeing junk, and more junk....piles of things in places where they don't belong. The side tables and coffee table, my desk, and my hubby's desk are just piled with stuff. My craft/all purpose room has turned in to a major mess.

With good intentions to start the 52 Weeks of Organizing challenge, I went around and took photos of the different places I want to concentrate on. My goal was to start with my desk. I did get started right away, but came to a halt. I've had 4 grandkids over all week. I've spent each evening at Bible school. I can't keep up with the extra along with my normal activities during the week!!

I still wanted to get started with my posting each week here, even without making any real progress. The kids go home after Bible school this evening. Not only that, my teen will be at Bible camp all of next week. I will still work pretty much strictly on my desk, and I promise before and after photos in next weeks post.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...