Friday, June 10, 2011

Frugal Friday 6/10/11

Good Morning!
Friday came right up on me very quickly again. Being so busy this past week with a new grandbaby, I didn't get my shopping posts in so I will list them here.
We didn't do any shopping at the grocery store other than stopping in for milk a couple of times.
Well, that's not exactly true. I did take advantage of the sale on soda. The deal was if you bought 3-12 packs of Coke products for $10 you got 2 boxes of Ritz crackers free. We drink Dr. Pepper, which here is considered a Coke product. I bought the 3 12 packs and picked up the 2 boxes of Ritz free. I used a $1 coupon on the 2 boxes of Ritz so I got 3-12 packs of Dr. Pepper and 2 boxes of Ritz for just $9 plus sales tax.

Another quick trip to the grocery store was to use my free coupons from Kraft First Taste for the Oscar Mayer Sandwich Combo and the Combo lunch meat. I also picked up some All detergent on sale for $2.99 and I used a $1 coupon. The cashier cheated me out of .30 on one of the free OM coupons and I ended up paying $3.18 with sales tax for the 3 items.

At Wal Mart I picked up my box of Carnation Instant Breakfast for $3.58 after $1 coupon. I also picked up 3 more bottles of the Spic and Span spray cleaner. I used the $1/2 coupon so 2 of the bottles were .47 each. On the 3rd bottle I used a .55 coupon so that bottle was .42. I also picked up 3 skeins of cotton yarn on clearance for $1 each. I spent $8.58 total for all with sales tax. (I hope when I get back to Wal Mart this evening to buy more of the yarn!)

At Walgreen's I over spent on what a true frugal person would spend. I was shopping yesterday (Thursday) and figured they would be out of a lot, so a stack of coupons and no set plan on what to buy. Here is what I ended up with:

2-NatureLuxe Gloss Balms on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% off. I used $5/2 coupon making them $3.12 each.
Bic Soleil on sale for $5.99, used $3 coupon making them $2.99 and got back $2 in RR's
2-GLEE stationary on clearance for .25 (fillers to use my RR's)
2-Colgate 360 toothbrushes on sale 2 for $5, used $1 and .75 coupons making them $3.25 for 2, got back $2 in RR's.
2-Reach Toothbrush 2-packs on sale 2 for $5, used 2-$1 coupons making them $1.50 each, got back $3 in RR's....but, bonus RR's of $1 since I bought the 2-packs!
3-Cascade Action Pacs on sale for $3.99, used 2--.50 coupons and 1-.25 coupon making them $3.49 and $3.74, got back $3 in RR's. (I wanted one of the Tide Stain Release and the use the $3 coupon but of course they were sold out)
1-Travel Size Colgate toothpaste for .99 and I used a $1 coupon making it free.

I used 3 RR's totaling $5.50 from my previous shopping.
I paid $24.45 (told you it was too much!) of which $3.27 was sales tax. I saved $19.50 in coupons total. I rec'd back 5 RR's totaling $11.

Notes: I'm happy with my shopping, it's just that I didn't really have that kind of money to spend. However, it's a fair bet that everyone on my Christmas list this year will get a new toothbrush as part of their health and beauty package. I have gloss balm that I love to use. And, I don't have to worry about running out of dishwasher tabs for awhile. The razors are also stacking up in my gift tote to go with the packages as well.
Also, it was very strange, but I had the gloss balms in my hand and they hadn't gotten rung up, but the $5 coupon went through the register just fine. This I can't figure out. I know the whole family friendly coupon thing and I did have other P&G things in my cart, but I also had a coupon for each of the other items? It was when I ran out of products compared to coupons that I realized they were still in my hand and gave them to the cashier.

I'm going to stop for today. I do hope you will share your frugal type posts in my linky below! Keep us all inspired and in the know please.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...