Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WIP Wednesday 5/4/11

Welcome to WIP Wednesday.  I'm hopping along with 3 different blogs.  Please click each button and check each one out!

I didn't get the strip quilt quite pinned yet.  It's frustrating because I put a stretchy material for the center.  I had thought it was just the right size, but I ended up having to stretch it to make it fit.  Wrong answer as any of you who do quilting know.  It's pulling in the sides.  One friend told me to sew across the edge squares to make it stay straight.  I did try that, but with just a small $80 machine, that task is very difficult.
I did work some on the toothbrush rug for the basement floor.  I didn't get in an many strips as I wanted to this past week, but did quite a bit.  Once I get the excess backing material cut from the quilt to make more strips for the rug, I will get out my last batch of strips for the rug.  I have no idea how large it will end up being at that point, but I have a feeling whatever the size, it's just going to have to do!  I already can't work it on my lap anymore.  I will have to put my laptop on the floor so I can still click on here while working on the rug.
 I did work some on the double thick crocheted hot pads, but not enough to make it worth a photo.  I also, today, started working on the baby hat and booties for my daughter.  Her baby shower is next Wednesday.  Hopefully I will get them done in time and next week have a photo of the finished products.    

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 

4 comments:

  1. very nice string quilt. sorry to hear about the stretch.love the rug.have you ever used t-shirt strips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your string quilt. Your blocks look big. Too bad about it being stretchy. I hate that and there isn't too much you can do I don't think. I like your rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Melissa from Hooked on Handmade! I saw your post on my blog and wanted to let you know that yes, we will be putting all the squares we make this month to make a blanket. I'm making one big blanket but others have decided to make 2 smaller blankets or only do some of the squares and make something out of them.
    you can start whenever you want. I'm going to leave the linking parties open of awhile. And if you don't have time to do all of them, just do some....I wanted this CAL to be fun and flexible!
    take care, melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I'm still loving the colors of that rug.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...