Friday, May 6, 2011

New!! Frugal Friday's With Marsha Blog Hop

I've decided to start something new for Friday here on my blog. I hope many will hop along and inspire us all to be as frugal as we can be.

Each week I will share some of the things I've done to be frugal.

Let me start with my grocery shopping this past week. The first trip wasn't as frugal as it should have been, or could have been. I had gone through the Dillon's sales ad and pulled out matching coupons. Steve gave me $40 to spend. I ended up going over that, spending $50.49. I used a total of $27.69 in coupons and my receipt tells me that I saved 55% with sales and coupons. Anything over 50% is pretty good, but I want to strive for more than that.
I won't bore you with the whole list, but here are some of the really good deals:
Keep in mind that my store does double coupons.
*Half gallons of milk were on sale for $1 each, I bought 2.
*Butterfinger Crisp candy bars on close out for .53 each, I bought 2 and used a .50/2 coupon so just .03 each.
*Tostito Chips on sale for $2.99, used $1 coupon so $1.99
*Tostitos Spinach Dip on sale for $2.99, used $1 coupon, so $1.99
*Pepsi Max 2 ltr was free using a coupon buy 2 Tostitos products get it free. The cashier took off $1.25 although it was on sale for .74 so that meant extra off the total bill.
*1 Gatorade, 1 Gatorade G2, and 1 Gatorade Prime--Gatorade on sale for .79, other 2 on sale $1 each. I used a coupon to buy the latter 2, get the Gatorade free. he cashier took off $1.69 instead of the .79 for the free Gatorade, making each one just .30.
*2 Ortego Taco Seasoning on sale for $1 each, used $1/2 coupon making them .50 each.
*3 Crest Toothpaste on sale for $1 each, used 2-$1 coupons and 1-.50 coupon making them all free.
*2 Schick disposable razors, on sale buy 1 get one free making them $3.19 each. I used 2-$2 coupons making them just $1.19 each.
*2 California Kitchen Pizza's on sale for $5 each, used 2-$1.25 coupons bringing them down to $3.75 and I got back a $1 catalina.

The following day I went back to the store for just a few items:
*2 Splenda 80 ct packet boxes on sale for $4.29. I used 2-$3 coupons making them $1.29 each plus I got back a $3 Catalina.
*3 Hershey's chocolate bars on sale buy 2 get 1 free (.89 each) In combination with the sale, I used a buy 1 get 1 free coupon, so I paid .89 for all three.
I also used my $1 catalina from the previous day.
I paid $3.34 with tax, saving 77% with coupons and sales--much more like it.

The following day I made one more trip on this sale.
*4 Tony's smaller pizzas, on sale for $1 each. I used 1-$1/2 coupon and 1-.50/2 coupon bringing them down to .50 each.
*2 Delmonte Fruit cups on sale for $1 each, used $1/2 coupon making them .50 each.
* 1 Yoplait Whips, used free coupon
*2 Butterfinger Crisp candy bars on close out for .53 each, used .50/2 coupon making them .03 each.
*2 half gallons of milk on sale for $1 each.
I also used the $3 catalina coupon from the day before.
I paid $2.76, saving 87% with sales and coupons (this is how I would love it to be each and every shopping trip.)

In other shopping I made 2 transactions at Walgreen's. No super super savings here either, but I still would like to share.
Transaction #1--
*Bic Soleil razors, $5.99, used $3 coupon and got back $3 in RR.
*Noxema razors, $3.99, used $1 coupon and got back $2 RR.
I paid $6.78 and took my $5 in RR's to my--

Transaction #2--
*Wine Out stain remover, on clearance for .75
*Mints, .79 (these 2 my fillers to use the previous RR's)
*Tylenol Precise Heat, $7.99, used $5 coupon in combination with $3 Walgreen's coupon for a 1 cent money maker.
*2 Covergirl Nature Luxe foundation, $12.99, on sale buy 1 get 1 half price, I used 2-$2 coupons, bring the total with sale to $7.74 each.
I then used my $5 in RR's from the first transaction.
I paid $14.35. This was after a total of $17 in coupons. This still means that I saved over 50% No, I'm not really proud of this, but this make-up is the bomb and after using it as a bzzagent I wanted more, and one for my daughter too!

Another thing that I am doing in our new house to save money is hanging the laundry on the line to dry whenever the weather has been permissable. I'm thankful that I should be able to the rest of the season and summer now. I fell in love with this house first for having a clothesline in the back yard!


Marsha's Spot

Please add my button to your blog roll if you can, or to your post if you plan on doing this with us regularly on Friday's. Thanks!!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...