Friday, December 31, 2010

Life is Good! (blog award)

I'm so pleased that someone has chosen me to receive a blog award!

This one comes to me from my friend Ruthi of Poetic Creations by abitosunshine.   Thanks so much Ruthi!

Here are the things you have to do when you receive this award:

1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I didn't realize that I was blogging anonymously...at least in the way that my email wasn't shared in my blog profile.  I have since changed that!

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I guess you could say that I am stubborn in my endeavor to earn a living on the computer.  I've been at it for 14 years now and still don't have it!  Years ago there were so many wonderful reward programs out there and it was so easy to earn hundreds of dollars in a month.  It's gone way down hill and I have switched to other endeavors online.  I'm getting there slowly, mostly through my blogging, but still not even close to making what could be called a living.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Yep.....someone who is getting older......one things I plan to do with the new year is to get back to using the numerous beauty aides in my cabinet.  I've rec'd them over time to try and review, but stopped using them after the reviews were done.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Dr. Pepper....that's my drink all year long!

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Time for myself?  What is that?  Life has been crazy for me of late always out going and doing for others.  When I am home, I am trying to do housework first, but generally look forward to a full evening of just sitting in front of my computer.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

stated above.....to earn a living online.  I'm working on things right now....getting myself more known out there....started up an etsy store.....advertising myself in some social networks.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I pretty much kept to myself in school.  I did end up pregnant as a junior is high school.  I was always on the honor roll.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

The birth of my first child...keep them closed to see the births of my other 3 children....and now 7 grandchildren.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

I used to share my day each day in my blog here when I first started.  I've pretty much gotten away from that part of it.  Of myself, all I mostly share now is my crafts I am working on.   I do share personal blogs over on sidetick each day.  What I've done during the day, rants, etc.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Considering that my mother calls me 15+ times in a day, I can honestly say I would rather read a book.  In fact, I just took on the 2011 challenge to read 52 books in 52 weeks.  Click the link at the top of my blog to read more about it.  I'm looking forward to doing the best I can to read one book (and review it) in the year 2011.


Having accepted the Life Is Good award from Ruthi, I am passing it forward to: 

Household Cents


Being Frugal and Making it Work


Dnbuster's Place


Confessions of a Thrift Store Shopper


Every Day Crochet



4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on your award! I'm also honored that you passed this along to me. Looks like I have a new article to post! :)

    Have a safe and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, I'd get nothing else done i did the 52/52! As always, I applaud you, m'friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award, Marsha! It'll probably take me a bit to put my answers together and pick who to pass on to, but wanted to acknowledge that I received it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award!
    I will pass it on in a bit!
    hugs- DN

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...