Tuesday, December 28, 2010

cinch!--Book Review


Cynthia Sass, the creator and co-author of the New York Times Bestselling Flat Belly Diet presents her new break-through, 30-day weight loss program Cinch! targeted to end overeating, leaving dieters feeling full and satisfied while enjoying the best food combinations to burn fat and boost metabolism.
Cinch! by Cynthia Sass, M.P.H, R.D. and co-author of Flat Belly Diet
Conquer cravings, drop pounds, and lose inches
Stop counting and start living.

I want to say from the get go....if one of your New Year's Resolutions is to lose weight, this is a must have book.  You can find it on amazon here Cinch!: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches
.  Just out today, December 28, 2010!!

I jumped on the chance to sign up with one2one network to review this book.  I didn't want the book for myself, but instead for my 14 yr old daughter.  For some reason she just keeps gaining weight.  I can see pretty much that it's because she eats almost constantly and isn't very active just sitting in front of her computer most days....or riding in the car with me.

I wanted to see what Cinch! was all about.  What I found out is that it's all about a whole lot!!

My daughter really wants to try the Cinch! plan.  The plan starts out with a 5 day fast forward program, in which you can lose up to 7 lbs in those 5 days.  It's based around just 5 foods, along with approved beverages and approved seasonings.
If you so choose, you can skip this part and go right in to the Cinch! core plan.
If you choose to do the fast forward, you then would do 25 days of the core plan.  If not, then 30 days of the core plan.

I am just so impressed with this book.  The nutrional advice, guidance and education alone makes this book priceless to me.  I learned so many things I didn't know as I turned each page.
I do not need to lose weight....just the opposite in fact....I need to gain weight.  One thing I learned was the importance of maintaining scheduled times to eat to fuel my body.

Let's go back to the 5 day fast forward plan.  You are given a shopping list as well as recipes for those 5 days.  Now, you use the same recipes each day for the 5 days.  You can mix them up for variety over having the same thing each day at each time.
There is a test in the book to help you determine if you should do the fast forward, or just start in with the core program.
I've asked my daughter if she was sure she wants to try this.  Her answer time and time again is a resounding YES!  We've not started with it yet as we are gathering up the groceries, but we are well on our way.

The next step is the 25 day core program.  With it, you use the same 5 foods, plus a lot of others.  Cynthia Sass has provided over 100 recipes in the book for cover breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner and beverages.  You even get to indulge each day with dark chocolate...yes, every day!  Recipes are included for some great dark chocolate treats as well.

As you are doing the core program you will learn what the "puzzle pieces" are so that after the 30 days you can stay on the right track with the program.
Are you worried that you are away from home too much to stick with a time schedule for meals and snacks?  Not to worry, she covers this in the book as well.  She even gives you ideas of what to order when you go out to eat at a restaurant.

One chapter is dedicated to questions that you might ask...with the answers.  As I stated earlier, the information in this book is phenomenal.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to get a better reign on their health, whether they want to lose weight or not.





You can find Cynthia Sass and the book at these links:


Disclaimer:  I was not paid to do this review, all opinions are my own.  I was sent a copy of the book through one2one network for the purpose of my review.

 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review, Marsha! Good luck to your daughter! And I'd love to know more about One2One and how that works, please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...