Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WIP Wednesday --Wrapping Up February

I don't have much to share this week.  I've had some days of no sewing or crafting motivation--mostly due to just being so busy outside of the home, but I did get some things done.

I finished the 2nd pink 4 patch and delivered it to quilt guild to be given to an agency called First Call for Help.

I worked more on the brown colored hexagons.  I only got about 10 or 11 done throughout the week so chose not to take a picture.

I worked a tiny bit on one of the doll rugs while out and about since I carry that bag in my large purse.

I got out the brown little squares and started string sewing them together.  I will work this week to at least finish stringing, but hopefully more.  Only a few more days left for brown to be the challenge color with the soscrappy blog.

Last week at church there was a box of yarn donated to use to make prayer shawls.  I didn't mean to, but ended up being the one to take it home.  I was told a story based on the one that I am working on now.  I'm sure it was started to be a blanket, but I am going to finish it as a prayer shawl and offer it back to the man who donated the yarn first.   See, it was a project that his first wife had started and he's been hanging on to it for many years since.  She was murdered back in February of 1977.  I'm not sure if he will want it as a prayer shawl, but feel it's fitting that he should have it if he wants it.


UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
Hexagon quilt
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Brown half square triangle table runner
3 sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug--plus more to sell
Hexagon flower table runner
Wall hanging for quilt guild
yo-yo's that need to be made into projects
black and white rail fence quilt
Arkansas Crossroads scrap quilt
T-shirt latchhook rug
Rainbow colored locker hook rug
T-shirt toothbrush rug
Charming Stars quilt
Special crocheted prayer shawl

2016 Finishes:
Smaller pink 4 patch quilt for charity
Pink 4 patch quilt for charity

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIPs on Wednesdays
RSC16
PS I Love You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...