Wednesday, January 6, 2016

WIP Wednesday Into the New Year

I hope that 2016 is off to a good start for everyone.  So far so good sticking to my craft/sewing schedule that I set up for myself.  Some days are busier than others with lots less working time, but I have kept at it even if I only get to work for a couple of hours.

Wednesday is the day I have set to work on the color of the month for the soscrappy blog color challenge of the month.  I had no idea just how much I had in my box of squares!  I pressed and pinned.  It so happens that this months color is blue, and blue is what I pinned for sewing there on the side of the box.


Thursday is to work on any other UFO, but currently it's a pink patchwork quilt top that I am making for our community service project at quilt guild.  I only have until the 25th to have it done.  I have 5 inch squares cut so far.  I will work on this Friday night this week at sit n' sew for extra time.

Friday is working on yo-yo's but I chose to not take a picture this week of just the few I got done.

Saturday is hexagons, which I also chose to not take a picture since I only added 6 more to my quilt top.

Sunday is rugs.  I didn't want to get my machine out to sew strips together so I chose to finally cut up a stack of t-shirts I've had in my room.  We were low on rags anyway.  The big pile on the side is now the rag pile.  I cut the remainder of the t-shirts that I can't strip for rags.

Monday is working on the Arkansas Crossroads quilt.  I did cut some more squares but think I will save a picture for whenever I finally get all of the fabrics cut in to squares.  In the meantime I ended up with more strips to add to rug making as well as I cut what 10 inch squares I could to add to my microwave hotpad making pile.

Tuesday is my day to work on the doll sets.  I had hoped to finish 2 doll rugs.  I didn't quite make it, but got close.

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
Hexagon quilt
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Brown half square triangle table runner
3 sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug--plus more to sell
Hexagon flower table runner
Wall hanging for quilt guild
yo-yo's that need to be made into projects
black and white rail fence quilt
Arkansas Crossroads scrap quilt


2015 Finishes:

Locker Hook Rug
re-do binding on blue and peach patchwork
9 lined fabric bags
yellow crazy quilt lined bag
Pink hexagon table topper
Blue hexagon table topper
Yo-Yo Table runner
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Charming Stars quilt
Challenge quilt for quilt guild
Autumn wall hanging
18 Hot pad bowls for Christmas gifts

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
RSC16

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...