Friday, March 27, 2015

Frugal Friday With Marsha 3/27/15

What does being frugal mean to you?

For me it's making due with what you have....finding ways to re-use.......recycling.....planting a garden to provide some of your foods......saving money wherever you can.

This past week I've thought a lot about my couponing.  It never fails that when I post about good deals I have gotten, that at least one person comments such as  'you aren't saving if you are buying things you don't need'  or  'you aren't really saving unless you putting the money that you saved with the coupons into a savings account' or even things like 'I would never buy that brand of toilet paper unless it was free' or 'we don't buy boxed and processed foods'.    You get the picture.

Yes, I buy a lot of things that we don't really need.  Yes, I buy things that I wouldn't buy if it weren't for the fact that they are so cheap with coupons.

But.......my Christmas and birthday gift stash is growing immensely.  I soon will have a shelf in my bedroom where my children can come in and get the things they need.   I have given lots to charities.
Mostly, if I am going to have a hobby, or something that I enjoy this much, then couponing is a great hobby to have.  I have FUN.

This past week I only got a few things at Walgreens.  I paid less than the sales tax, paying just 55 cents.  And, I came home with $4.50 in their register rewards coupons to spend on whatever I like next time I shop.   How can that be wrong?

The Glade plug ins made sense.  I love to have a scented home and I have so many of the plug in units that I bought as fillers on KMart's double coupon days.  We all use toothpaste....and hopefully hand soap.  The headband is now in my gift stash.

Well, that's it for me this week.  I have a huge list of things to look for at Target while I am out today.  I'm pretty anxious to get to shopping, in hopes that our Target does sell at least most of them.

I look forward to your share this week of your frugal posts.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...