Friday, January 2, 2015

Frugal Friday With Marsha --- Christmas Gifts

Let me first say Happy New Year.  Yesterday had it's ups and downs, but for the most part if was a nice start to the new year.

Christmas is over, so now I can share the gifts that I made as gifts for Christmas 2014  :)

Let's start with the fabric bags that I made.  Each year I give everyone a Christmas sack with some candy and then little goodies.  Goodies that I've collected over the year, Christmas items that I buy on sale, etc.   In January I learned how to make lined fabric bags at quilt guild.  It was our community service project, giving the bags to the women's shelter. 
I had amassed quite a bit of Christmas fabrics, so thought it would be nice to make fabric fabrics to fill.  I did.....25 of them total.

I made a doll bed, quilt, pillows, and a rug for my 3 yr old granddaughter, Zelda.  (I'm in the process of making lots of these sets to lists in my online craft shops over the coming year)

I made a sock family for my 18 month old grandson, Killian.  (I am thinking of making lots more of these too)

I thought about making an apron for my son since he bbq's a lot.  While looking through a box of fabric for 'manly' fabrics, I ran across some Elvis fabric and fabric with records on it.
I will make my son an apron for his birthday in April, but stopped and made my mom an Elvis quilt for Christmas.

Throughout the year I made 42 hot pads with blocks that I had left over from quilt tops.  I didn't save a picture of them all made, but here is a picture of one of them in the making.  Every adult, or adult couple in the family rec'd 2 hot pads.  It was strange, that my oldest daughter didn't even own 1 hot pad.  She was using old t-shirts for hot pans on the table.  She will be getting 2 more for her birthday Feb.1.

Last minute I decided to also give each adult or adult couple a set of 4 coasters.  I made 10 sets plus 2 coasters.
 All in all, it was a nice handmade Christmas in additional to good deals I got throughout the year and at the last minute to make up my total gifts for the year.

I have pulled out a book that I bought 2 years ago and marked pages of things that I am going to start working on making THIS month and work on throughout the year instead of mostly last minute.
The book is highlighted here:



I look forward to the frugal posts you will share with my readers and myself this week!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...