Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday 11/12/14

The retreat was awesome!  I really got busy sewing for 12 plus hours 2 days in a row.

I will start with a picture that I took from across the room.  I couldn't quite get all of the tables in.
The first thing I worked on was working on my Five and Dime quilt.  One of the gals who came let me borrow her Loose Change ruler.   I worked on it until I had all 40 of my blocks made and cut, then I put 2 blocks together to see what they would look like.
I then got started on my Charming Star quilt top for the sewalong with Terry's Treasures. (see button on the right).  I ran out of one color for my cream border, but one gal had some close enough in her stash.  Thanks to her I was able to complete the top.
I then moved on to cutting up some Christmas panels that a gal at church had given me.  I got the Christmas songs one cut and squared up, then it was time to leave for day 1.   I came back in the morning and got right to work squaring up the pictures from the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer panel.   These panels are made to be made into the soft books, but I always prefer to make them quilt tops instead.   I completed the Rudolph top.
Next I got out my fractured pineapple blocks.  I finished the 3rd one and made 2 more.
I got bored of those and moved on to making 4 patches with the 2 and a quarter inch squares. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of my progress with those.
Since being home I tried to get back to my lighter blue hexagons for the rainbow color challenge with the soscrappy blog.   I admit that I'm having a problem getting motivated to make these with so many things to get made.  I need to find a project other than just making the flowers.
Finally this week, yesterday was sewing club at church where we meet once a month to sew quilts for charity.  I'm just working on simple 4 patch tops now with larger 4 patches.   I had a goal to get my whole pile made into 4 patches.  As you can see by my picture, I didn't quite make that goal.





My current UFO list:
Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Christmas bags (total of at least 25) (9 done)
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug
Hexagon flower table runner
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays

Soscrppy






1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love retreats? Mine was last weekend too. I popped over to see your Charming Stars. What pretty colors you used! How do you plan to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...